Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-03-2011, 08:28 AM   #1 
nel3

vicious tail biting/blown in a night

hello, i need some help with my VT. i know from the past he doesnt like anything aside from his .5g QT to live in. i got him in the heated 5g divided to get him out of that unheated container. i dont have any current means to heat a .5g nor a spare heater weak enough for a .5g.

ive heavily planted his side with real and fake plant and it seemed to work since the past 2-3. i did a 1g fish in WC to cut down on the water params .25NI, 10NA. im down to .15NI and 5 NA ammonia 0. i added some vita chem into the filter last night. the water was the right temp but the filter was still running with a 1.5 inch water fall height.

i fed the other 3 betta this morning and i didnt see the vt but after a couple tank taps he came around to show me his fins. my DT in the 5g doesnt really interact with him in flaring, its only the VT. the DT is young the VT is old (3inches long). im sure he'll stop biting and heal up i i drop him in the .5g but thats just going back to step 1 for him. i want to know if i should bear with this episode or is he one of those betta that dont like tank mates. last thime he bit in the 2.5g it contimued on for a day until i took him out of the 2.5g. his tails were nearly 100% healed yesterday to original.

Last edited by nel3; 12-03-2011 at 08:31 AM.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote