Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-03-2011, 10:31 PM   #21 
Gloria

Oh ok. But there are little ball things like that that are mouse safe? I just wanted to know cause I would rather it be in something like that than completely roaming the house free, mainly for when I cleaned the cage..
I can imagine itd be kinda cute hearing them gassy... lol.
Gloria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 10:35 PM   #22 
Rosso1011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloria View Post
Oh ok. But there are little ball things like that that are mouse safe? I just wanted to know cause I would rather it be in something like that than completely roaming the house free, mainly for when I cleaned the cage..
I can imagine itd be kinda cute hearing them gassy... lol.
Typically the balls are not safe. Why? Because the holes they have in them for air are catch points for the feet. I know it would be cute to see them in one, but they are generally not safe. Not saying there isn't one that isn't perfectly fine, but in general, not a good idea.
Rosso1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 10:37 PM   #23 
Gloria

Yeah I can understand that. They are SO tiny... Do mice get any bigger than what you see them in the pet store?! I have only ever seen them as very little guys/gals??
How do they go with other pets?
Old 12-03-2011, 10:48 PM   #24 
Rosso1011

A mouse can get a little bit bigger might be seen in the store, depends on the age of the mice being shown. A mouse typically shouldn't get too big.

Honestly, depends on the type of pets you have. I would not risk having a cat around them, just for the mere fact that a mouse cage tends to be smaller and easy to knock over. My rat cage was too heavy to be knocked over by a cat. Dogs can go either way with rodents depending on breed and temperament. This would not apply if you live in a place that does not allow cats or dogs, which I think you mentioned you did.
Rosso1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 10:53 PM   #25 
Gloria

Thank you.. Well the house we are in isn't allowed any animals, apart from fish i suppose since i have them. But when we move I will making sure the house I get is animal allowed. I am too much of an animal lover to not have a pet, ever my face aren't filling that hole in me anymore.. I will no doubt get a cat one day, my boyfriend hates them so it will take me a long time to convince him to let me get one. When I get my dog itll be a Siberian Husky or a Boarder Collie. I suppose as long as I was to keep the mouse in a seperate room it would be ok?!
Old 12-04-2011, 12:10 AM   #26 
Pitluvs

I don't know anything about mice, but I'm an expert with rats :) One thing I can say is don't use softwood shavings like cedar or pine. Aspen or Carefresh (it's fluffy stuff) is best to use. Or fleece.

I had one mouse in my life, Chuck. I rescued Chuck and his cage mate Bobby (A HUGE siamese rat) from our local SPCA. These two animals should never be together, but Chuck and Bobby were the best of friends. I lost Chuck this summer :( He was an African Soft Fur Mouse/Natal Rat. They bite like chainsaws.

Chuck:

His buddy Bobby:
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 12:28 AM   #27 
Gloria

omg!!!! Chuck :O gorgeous. I am SO sorry to hear you lost him R.I.P little chuck..
Bobby is cute..
See i can't do it, i see a mouse and go AWW, i see the rat and go, oh its nice. Sorry Pitluvs. I have nothing again your rat, just rats in general.. lol. why cant they be cuter like Remy/ little chef from Ratatouille?!
Old 12-04-2011, 12:29 AM   #28 
LionCalie

I have four male rattums. One thing a lot of people don't know is both Rats and Mice LOVE hammocks!

LionCalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 01:08 AM   #29 
purplemuffin

Rats always seem cutest to me, lol! I just love their little grabby hands! So cute.

Baby rats get to me. These are the pictures I found online that made me fall in love with ratties:

But everyone has their own tastes. :) We had a mouse girl, we called her Spider Girl! She was good at climbing everywhere, and loved to be upside down, crazy thing! Nathan also had gerbils (who are HILARIOUS to watch) and we enjoyed their socialization with each other very much :D

Not ready to have rats in my life just yet, but I always die of cute overload when I see an especially adorable one. Maybe someday. If one of my future kids ever wants a pet rodent, they are getting ratties <3
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 01:09 AM   #30 
Gloria

see I think they are ADORABLE!! it must be something between then and when they get bigger :$ if they looked like the forever id get a rat over a mouse anyday