Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-06-2011, 12:31 AM   #21 
Gizmothefreaky

She passed away the day after writing this, and so did two more of my males... And another two are sick now... I have begun to realize this is fairly pointless to fight, no matter what i do, it doesnt help.

Thank you for the advise, and the medication tips, but i dont have the money for any of that... It looks like i will be digging quite a few teeny tiny holes in the back yard.
Gizmothefreaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 12:02 PM   #22 
Jstpotter

So sorry about your fish :( Maybe some of them will make it?
Jstpotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 12:19 PM   #23 
Brian10962001

Could have quite possibly saved every one of them if you had spent six bucks on some jungle fungus clear. I'm not trying to sound like a jerk here, but I had the same type of outbreak and cured it for less than $10. The fact that I saved my fish is worth more than the price of replacing them. I have some write ups on my troulbe with Columnaris. It claimed 2 females and one male. The only one I caught in time to treat was the male but I thought it was swim bladder and tried epsom salt, it did nothing
Brian10962001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 04:28 PM   #24 
PitGurl

I'm sorry about your fish . A question though, are your males in barracks? I understand why it's attacking your girls but not your males.
PitGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 04:37 PM   #25 
tpocicat

I'm sorry for the really tough time you're having. Bettas are so tough/fragile. Sending healing thoughts.....
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 10:48 PM   #26 
Gizmothefreaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstpotter View Post
So sorry about your fish :( Maybe some of them will make it?
I am hoping, but at the same time not... I am hurting enough already, it will hurt more if i actually expect them to make it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian10962001 View Post
Could have quite possibly saved every one of them if you had spent six bucks on some jungle fungus clear. I'm not trying to sound like a jerk here, but I had the same type of outbreak and cured it for less than $10. The fact that I saved my fish is worth more than the price of replacing them. I have some write ups on my troulbe with Columnaris. It claimed 2 females and one male. The only one I caught in time to treat was the male but I thought it was swim bladder and tried epsom salt, it did nothing
That is what i am treating them with. You did sound like a jerk, by the way. As i said i was going to get the jungle fungus stuff. I added it to the water and one of the girls still came down with columnaris AND dropsy... at the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitGurl View Post
I'm sorry about your fish . A question though, are your males in barracks? I understand why it's attacking your girls but not your males.
I did have one boy in a breeder box in the female tank, and he has passed away already. The way the boys became infected is i was being lazy and pulled water from the girl's tank (before i knew they were sick) and used it to fill a bowl so that i could take pictures of one of my boys, and then added him back to his barrack (to answer your question, yes, they are, but in two separate tanks *indicates sig* ), a few days later i saw signs of this fuzz in the sorority, and then the boys began getting sick as well... I feel terrible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpocicat View Post
I'm sorry for the really tough time you're having. Bettas are so tough/fragile. Sending healing thoughts.....
Thank you so much. I am just so tired and emotionally drawn out...
Old 12-06-2011, 11:02 PM   #27 
mardi

I'm so sorry you're going through this.
Sending a ton of healing vibes your way.
mardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 11:02 PM   #28 
FuulieQ

:( That sounds like my worst nightmare... I'm so sorry to hear about your fish, I hope you can save some...
FuulieQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 11:09 PM   #29 
Gizmothefreaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by mardi View Post
I'm so sorry you're going through this.
Sending a ton of healing vibes your way.
Thanks so much... I could really use them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuulieQ View Post
:( That sounds like my worst nightmare... I'm so sorry to hear about your fish, I hope you can save some...
Me too... I know that at least five males are totally untouched. So i could have as many as five after all of this is over. I have lost so many already... ;-;
Old 12-06-2011, 11:46 PM   #30 
acadialover

wtf

so sorry for all your losses.
It can be so hard when you can't figure out what is going on.
Horrible.
acadialover is offline   Reply With Quote