Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-30-2011, 05:11 PM   #1 
irbyma7297

looking for someone from another country or celebrates an uncommon holiday!

okay, i have to interview some one about a winter holiday. It cant be usa christmas or mexico christmas.
You must have a recipe for the holiday, that you can give me.
Thanks!
irbyma7297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 06:19 PM   #2 
Fermin

Quote:
Originally Posted by irbyma7297 View Post
okay, i have to interview some one about a winter holiday. It cant be usa christmas or mexico christmas.
You must have a recipe for the holiday, that you can give me.
Thanks!
Do you actually have to interview someone, or can you get the answers to your questions from the internet instead?

I'm not from Iceland but I'd recommend their holiday Bóndadagur. It's held on the ~3rd week of January to celebrate husbands and men (Bóndadagur = Husband's Day). Bóndadagur is also the start of the Ţorrablót mid-winter feasts in Iceland.

Icelanders celebrate Bóndadagur by having their traditional Ţorri meal: boiled sheep head (sviđ), fermented shark (hákarl), blood pudding, ram testicles, and a shot of Brennivín (caraway schnapps). <--Brennivín is awesome.

There should be quite a bit of info on the internet on both Bóndadagur and Ţorrablót, as well as their traditional foods. I know that YouTube has clips on how to prepare many of the Ţorri foods.

Hope this helps!
Fermin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 06:20 PM   #3 
dramaqueen
Banned

Sounds gross!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 06:23 PM   #4 
Irish Dancing Man

[quote=Fermin;908203]
boiled sheep head, blood pudding and ram testicles.

YUM!!!!
Irish Dancing Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 06:39 PM   #5 
erinandares

I saw a man in Greenland preparing a meal that reminded me of that, he put a bunch of birds inside the stomach of a dead seal or something like that and buried them for like, six months, and then when you take them out they're all fermented and they just peel the feathers off and eat it straight out of there. It was like a super delicacy.
erinandares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 06:47 PM   #6 
irbyma7297

okay, yes i do need to interview some one. it is supposed to be about some one's favorite winter holiday and it cant be about christmas in the usa or in Mexico.
Old 12-01-2011, 03:01 AM   #7 
HatsuneMiku

what months or dates are considered winter? .. since in australia our winter (christmas time) is their summer ^_^

and u could always do something like chinese new year (here's a list for chinese holidays http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traditi...inese_holidays) or there's a lot of japanese holidays that fall around winter time like .. sports day .. and elder day .. and labor day etc... here's a list http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_holidays_in_Japan

u can interview me if u choose any of those holidays

Last edited by HatsuneMiku; 12-01-2011 at 03:05 AM.
HatsuneMiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 09:03 AM   #8 
Rosso1011

If you can find someone who celebrates hanukkah or kwanza that would work. You could also find a local pagan and ask about the winter solstice.
Rosso1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 11:59 AM   #9 
irbyma7297

oh, when i saw winter, i meant december and january.
i forgot that on the other sidee of earth december is in summer lol
It's hard to think of things like that, since i'm so used to it being cold around christmas.
Old 12-01-2011, 12:02 PM   #10 
irbyma7297

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatsuneMiku View Post
what months or dates are considered winter? .. since in australia our winter (christmas time) is their summer ^_^

and u could always do something like chinese new year (here's a list for chinese holidays http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traditi...inese_holidays) or there's a lot of japanese holidays that fall around winter time like .. sports day .. and elder day .. and labor day etc... here's a list http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_holidays_in_Japan

u can interview me if u choose any of those holidays
Yeah i would love to interview you :) but do you celebrate them? because i ask questions like what's your favorite part, and food, and things like that. if yes, i'll interview you the day after tomorrow, okay

Last edited by irbyma7297; 12-01-2011 at 12:04 PM. Reason: for got to ad something