Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-23-2014, 12:05 AM   #1 
jettybug

milky white lumpy substance coming from female betta

hey so i got my female Betta Midnight from a petsmart or petco in the beginning of december as an early christmas present and a few days later she had this weird white lumpy substance coming out of her. (and she stopped eating). i thought it could be eggs but she hasnt been bred before. so i went back to a different petco and this fish dude reccommened me this medicine called bettafix and i folowed its instructions he said it would treat internal and external parasites. the man told me he gives it to all the bettas when they come into the store he also said it had tee tree oil in it and its all natrual. i seperated her into a "hospital" tank that sadly has no filter or heater and is only a .5 gallon i have another tank that is 10 gallons but it has a male bettta, six neon tetras, four black tetras, 3 cory cats, and one pleco and has a bamboo plant, a moss ball, some fake plants,and is heated and filtered. and before everybody gets angry at me i swear on my own head im upgrading my tanks trust me. but has anyone seen this before or knows how to deal with it.oh and she looks like she could be bloated.

Last edited by jettybug; 12-23-2014 at 12:09 AM. Reason: forgot to put something in
jettybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 12:53 AM   #2 
Littlefin

Can you post a picture? Also long-term use of bettafix can cause damage to the labyrinth organ and other health problems so it's not recommended.
Littlefin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 01:27 AM   #3 
jettybug

sorry i dont think i can post a picture tonight but i will post a pic hopefully tomorrow. and i had know idea that bettafix would do that. thanks
Old 12-23-2014, 10:04 AM   #4 
jettybug

gloomy day

my dear betta Midnight died after i moved her to a 2.5 gallon bucket. it was probebly the bettafix. so yeah im taking her back to the petstore and now that i think about it she looked kinda bloated there in here death cup too. i also bought 2 plecos and 1 other male betta 1 pleco died now there is just one of each. but thank you so much for your help. p.s. it was sunny yesterday and now its rainy. :hmm
Old 12-23-2014, 03:43 PM   #5 
Littlefin

Oh... I was hoping she would make it. Im sorry for your loss :(
Next time your betta gets sick, people usually recommend Jungle Parasite Clear for parasites and Maracyn for bacterial infections, and finally API fungus cure for fungus.
Littlefin is offline   Reply With Quote