Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-11-2007, 05:18 PM   #11 
Lupin

Location: Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Information Super Highway
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregV
As for the vase, try a few live aquatic plants like java moss, or similar low light plant that will grow without much care, he will really thank you.
I would not suggest the use of vases for bettas. 5g tank size minimum should always be recommended. Smaller than that does not guarantee free swimming space, free space for heaters and filters, etc.
Quote:
another option, probably one of the better options, would be to upgrade the vase to a betta hex, this will really help the little guy out, and you can probably find a decent 5 gal hex with light and filter included for $20-30. this will keep your water just right for the little guy.
That I agree with.
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 05:33 PM   #12 
GregV

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettababy
You don't want to use distilled water. If you want to use bottled water, stick to spring water or drinking water, but distilled water is a no no. The distilling process removes a lot of good mineral content that a fish needs to survive.
right my bad, i was thinking more along the lines of purified water/filtered water, i know a friend with a purifier thats great for taking the stuff like chlorine and and flouride as it is made for aquariums
GregV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 06:08 AM   #13 
Cashay

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bettababy
You don't want to use distilled water. If you want to use bottled water, stick to spring water or drinking water, but distilled water is a no no. The distilling process removes a lot of good mineral content that a fish needs to survive.
right my bad, i was thinking more along the lines of purified water/filtered water, i know a friend with a purifier thats great for taking the stuff like chlorine and and flouride as it is made for aquariums
Well thanks for all the suggestions, I came in this morning praying I didn't shock him to bad from the water change but he (cash) seems very happy this morning.. swimming around and smiling :) I will check with the boss and see what size I can put on my desk, and will defintily get some plants (at least one) to put in there.
Cashay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 02:45 PM   #14 
Cashay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupin
Quote:
As for the vase, try a few live aquatic plants like java moss, or similar low light plant that will grow without much care, he will really thank you.
I would not suggest the use of vases for bettas. 5g tank size minimum should always be recommended. Smaller than that does not guarantee free swimming space, free space for heaters and filters, etc.
Quote:
another option, probably one of the better options, would be to upgrade the vase to a betta hex, this will really help the little guy out, and you can probably find a decent 5 gal hex with light and filter included for $20-30. this will keep your water just right for the little guy.
That I agree with.
I would not suggest the use of vases for bettas. 5g tank size minimum should always be recommended. Smaller than that does not guarantee free swimming space, free space for heaters and filters, etc

I don't have any of that stuff attached to his tank,(vase) I am using a florecent desk top light over his vase, no filters or heaters Heat/ air is left on all the time in office and I keep the light on him, He seems to have plenty of room to swim in, since I have nothing but marbles in the bottom of vase,
Cashay is offline   Reply With Quote