Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-05-2011, 03:07 PM   #1 
aleph

tail biting healing

so long story short, my boyfriend and I cleaned out my fish tank and one of our bettas managed to get himself stuck in one of the hallow decorations after we re-arranged everything. He seems fine with the exception of his tail. He shredded it while he was in there and it breaks my heart to see what he did to himself.

he seems to be fine, is still his fiesty self and isn't clamped up or even sitting in the corner doing nothing. Should I put him in a hospital tank with aquarium salts or should I leave him to do his thing?

I'm going to get him set up in a new tank soon. My poor guy :(

all the parameters are ideal... I just need to know if I should separate him.

thanks in advance.
aleph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 03:57 PM   #2 
EvilVOG

hospital tank with aq salt is probably a good idea, as is conditioning the water with stress coat and daily 100% water changes should help it grow back.
EvilVOG is offline   Reply With Quote