Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old Yesterday, 10:29 PM   #1 
Sunset02

A new family member! (Also in need of a little name help)

Hello Everyone!

I know I haven't been on in a while, (My computer's been a little buggy )
But I just wanted to share some information with you guys. I'm happy to say that Nikoo and Kala are perfectly heathly and have been doing great, and yesterday I went to pick up some more filter cartridges for them, and of course I just had to go past the betta section at Petco. (A very bad idea...) and I saw they had some new babies in, so I looked a little closer... I wound up falling in love with a baby betta... She's certainly nothing special, it was her little face that caught me off guard. She has a cream body with red fins, yet again nothing to special. She looked incredibly bloated and she just scooted around her little cup in circles. She did not swim. Now I know this doesn't sound like this would be appealing to any potential buyers, but that little face was calling to me. I knew I had enough gear at home, so two dollars later I had a fish. When I brought her home I got her all situated in a tank and she actually started swimming! It was quite the improvement considering she was scooting around her little cup when I got her, but I noticed that she was swimming awfully strange. I figured she was just off balance because of the bloating, all I could do was fast her and hope the swelling would go down. I knew that if it didn't this little fish could be in serious trouble. I went to bed. Now in the morning, i checked on her and the swelling had gone down quite a bit! I was very happy, and I looked at the fish a little closer. It was then when I realized that her tail was very bent, and that was what caused her jerky swimming. I was a little worried but than I realized other than that she seemed very happy and swam around her new home enthusiastically. I now know that this little fish is going to be just fine, and I wouldn't trade my little "plain, and kinky" fish for the world. Now all she needs is a name.
Sunset02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:23 PM   #2 
micheemak

What about 'Lola' after the lead character in the musical 'Kinky Boots'? That's what immediately popped into my mind when you mentioned her kinky tail. (Also, I highly recommend the movie the musical is based on, for anyone who hasn't seen it yet. It's fab - and Chiwetel Ejiofor plays Lola with great panache!)
micheemak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:24 PM   #3 
Sunset02

That's a great idea! I'll definitely consider it :D
Sunset02 is offline   Reply With Quote