Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old Today, 05:25 PM   #1 
BettasAreCoolFish

How to properly clean gravel with gravel vacuum?

I find it fairly hard to clean my gravel properly with my gravel vacuum while doing a water change because too much water is taken out while I'm doing it so I can't really get too much of it. Is this okay? I tried to go over the areas where I've seen my betta hang out at and poop. Is there an easier way I can do this? Should I take the decorations out to do it?
BettasAreCoolFish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:30 PM   #2 
Bailmint

You may want to try an airline tube, which is a thin tube that takes forever sucking up water. Trust me, I use it for my fry tank. There shouldn't be anything big enough to not go in though. If you can't get an AT, you can try to just suck up that one area, and graze over the rest of the tank once or twice.

The decor is completely up to you, I find decor to get in the way, but it won't affect gravel cleanliness.
Bailmint is online now   Reply With Quote