Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-23-2015, 09:16 PM   #1 
catsie

Bubble nests and bettas

Hello! I am so excited to say that this is my first time a betta has built a bubble nest. I nearly danced from excitement when I discovered a group of bubbles behind a leaf at the front corner of the tank.
He was put in this 2.5 gal tank a few days ago and as glad as I am that he has settled in well and is even building a bubble nest.. I am doing a fish-in cycle and planned to do a water change tomorrow.
I guess im feeling a bit guilty that I might end up hurting/damaging/destroying his cute little nest in the process.

Has anyone else's fish seemed upset about a destroyed/damaged nest? or do they not care and build another?
catsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 09:33 PM   #2 
RussellTheShihTzu
TFK Moderator

Breaking up a bubble nest can't be helped. I don't worry about it because I know the cause is keeping my Betta healthy. My Betta have never seemed a bit fazed by the disappearance of their bubble nests.
RussellTheShihTzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 09:44 PM   #3 
Elleth

It's never bothered mine, don't worry about it. ;)
Elleth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 09:58 PM   #4 
LittleBettaFish
Reference Team

I have broken up (accidentally) bubblenests with fry and eggs actually in them. My males were not happy, but they simply rebuilt their nests and regathered their fry.

Destroying a nest shouldn't send your fish spiraling into depression. My plakat male is an avid nester and he always just builds another one when I destroy his during water changes.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 11:42 PM   #5 
catsie

aw, thank you all ^^.
Its just so adorable to see him working so hard on it. and ofcourse the fact that this is my first betta that is building the nest. xD i would hate to destroy his hard work.
Old 05-23-2015, 11:52 PM   #6 
yogosans14

My VT always remakes them even when I do WC in my Aqueon mini now. He makes them non stop!i love it :D
yogosans14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 05:15 PM   #7 
catsie

got done with the water change a few hours ago. I made sure to be as careful as possible not to break up his little nest, managed to keep most of it together ^^
He has been building his nest again keeping himself busy and wow it's doubled in size now lol