Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-23-2013, 08:46 PM   #991 
Rana

First few pics of my baby! I'm thinking of starting a journal to keep track of his/her growth. Gonna be super interesting to see what it grows up to be!

It is just the tiniest little fella, I really hope I can handle keeping it alive.
Attached Images

Rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 09:30 PM   #992 
Lights106

I had to rescue this guy! Mold and crap all over the bottom!!!
http://m.flickr.com/photos/58290699@...7318/lightbox/
Lights106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 09:49 PM   #993 
Viva

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbonxxkidd View Post
Okay, got a couple quick pics. Here are the new additions. Here's the yellow one, it's hard to see the black spots in this photo.

The red one, with breeding stripes.

And a quick one of the two...:)
OMG they're sooo cuuuute! I NEED A BABY DT! :D
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 10:08 PM   #994 
carbonxxkidd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viva View Post
I know, I'm still shocked that I found them. After months of looking for a baby DT, I finally got lucky! I probably shouldn't have bought both though...and if one turns out to be a male I'll probably have to buy and set up a new 5g for him, haha. They are little piggies though, hopefully they grow fast!
carbonxxkidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 10:19 PM   #995 
Lights106

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viva View Post
To bad you don't live in Orem, ut! There were several when I rescued my double tail today!
Old 05-24-2013, 10:21 PM   #996 
Lights106

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbonxxkidd View Post
I know, I'm still shocked that I found them. After months of looking for a baby DT, I finally got lucky! I probably shouldn't have bought both though...and if one turns out to be a male I'll probably have to buy and set up a new 5g for him, haha. They are little piggies though, hopefully they grow fast!
Where did to get your divider? I am still new and the one I got for my 10 gal is crappy.
Old 05-25-2013, 01:07 AM   #997 
Rana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lights106 View Post
Where did to get your divider? I am still new and the one I got for my 10 gal is crappy.
Have you looked into making DIY dividers? They're basically plastic craft/needlepoint mesh with report binders along their edges for strength & stability. I made one for my 5g and it seems to work great, plus it was like $5 overall.
Rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 01:21 AM   #998 
Lights106

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rana View Post
Have you looked into making DIY dividers? They're basically plastic craft/needlepoint mesh with report binders along their edges for strength & stability. I made one for my 5g and it seems to work great, plus it was like $5 overall.
Oooo!! Good to know!!!
Old 05-25-2013, 09:22 AM   #999 
carbonxxkidd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lights106 View Post

I used this tutorial to divide my 5g tank: http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/d...ividers-21866/

The one in the picture with the babies is actually just a piece of extra craft mesh I had and cut out to use as a make shift divider (no report binder pieces) because I'm dividing a breeder box, not a full size tank. Too bad the plastic divider that came with the breeder box doesn't go all the way to the bottom, or I would have just used that. Lol. The breeder box is just temporary, though.
carbonxxkidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 11:45 AM   #1000 
ashkallen

Hello all! I got a baby betta from Petco several days ago. I had never heard of baby bettas before - I was looking at the adults when a staff member excitedly told me that they just got a baby double tail in that day. I had never seen any betta besides a veil tail before. Anyways, I'm attaching a picture just because I think it's cute. My main question has to do with feeding. I have Hikari micro pellets, but he has been absolutely refusing to eat. All he will eat is freeze dried bloodworms even though I know that is not ideal. I would experiment with live/frozen foods, however I'm going out of town for a wedding for a whole week and my sister needs really easy instructions to follow for taking care of my fish.

The betta is in a 5 gallon dirt tank (no fertilizers, lights on 10 hours a day). This tank was home to my guppies before they massively over-populated it and had to be moved. I do 25-50% 1-2 times a week. The tank temperature is set at 80 degrees. The betta is currently in a floating breeder trap so I can monitor his food intake and because he's not quite strong enough to swim against the filter. Anyways, if anyone has food suggestions, I'd greatly appreciate it! I was told that the Hikari micropellets are what he ate in the store. Also if anyone is able to tell me more specifically his tail type from the picture or whether he is a "she," I'd appreciate that as well. Thanks!
Attached Images

ashkallen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baby betta, good luck guys:), petco, petco babies, petco baby betta