Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-03-2013, 04:41 PM   #1051 
Lights106

Baby Jr. update! I do believe he's 6 weeks. He's just under an inch.

Picture is not loading!

Last edited by Lights106; 06-03-2013 at 04:41 PM. Reason: picture isn't loading
Lights106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 04:56 PM   #1052 
Lights106

Here is the link to his pic in my albums

http://www.bettafish.com/album.php?a...ictureid=59874
Old 06-03-2013, 05:36 PM   #1053 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lights106 View Post
Here is the link to his pic in my albums

http://www.bettafish.com/album.php?a...ictureid=59874
Oh wow, he's adorable and fat! lol cutie
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 05:37 PM   #1054 
Lights106

I love him! He is just to adorable! This is my other baby. I think he's about 9 weeks
http://www.bettafish.com/album.php?a...ictureid=59882
Old 06-04-2013, 11:19 AM   #1055 
Shadyr

Hoping for a better outcome on this one!

I got a baby betta last summer - it was barely more than a fry and I thought the poor thing was dead till I tapped the cup and it struggled upright. It was a little doubletail, and I was sure I had to give it a try. It was no avail. Warm water, brine shrimp, mini pellets, daily changes...the poor thing never would eat and eventually passed away.

And for a long time running now, my Petco has not had any babies, which was kind of a relief in some respects. But they have started having a few in stock again recently, and history is hopefully NOT going to repeat itself.

Well, except this little tadpole is also a doubletail. Tiny, grey, mostly head, and still wearing baby stripes. BUT this one was alert from the start, and I have personally seen it eating at least something every day. I got it Friday (hopefully the first day it was there, they stock most Fridays) and put it in my 2G planted Kritter Keeper that has been without an inhabitant (other than the plants) for a while. I honestly halfway expected to never see it again. But the little creature has been exploring, and is already learning to come up front to be seen and fed. With just a few days in there, I'm even starting to see some color. I am hoping that it will be a she and can eventually join my sorority, but for now, I'm mostly just hoping that this baby, whether male or female, will get to be a grown up!

Saturday:
Name:  baby-day1-1280.jpg
Views: 360
Size:  42.6 KB

Monday:
Name:  baby-day3-1280.jpg
Views: 360
Size:  53.8 KB
Shadyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 11:24 AM   #1056 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadyr View Post
I got a baby betta last summer - it was barely more than a fry and I thought the poor thing was dead till I tapped the cup and it struggled upright. It was a little doubletail, and I was sure I had to give it a try. It was no avail. Warm water, brine shrimp, mini pellets, daily changes...the poor thing never would eat and eventually passed away.

And for a long time running now, my Petco has not had any babies, which was kind of a relief in some respects. But they have started having a few in stock again recently, and history is hopefully NOT going to repeat itself.

Well, except this little tadpole is also a doubletail. Tiny, grey, mostly head, and still wearing baby stripes. BUT this one was alert from the start, and I have personally seen it eating at least something every day. I got it Friday (hopefully the first day it was there, they stock most Fridays) and put it in my 2G planted Kritter Keeper that has been without an inhabitant (other than the plants) for a while. I honestly halfway expected to never see it again. But the little creature has been exploring, and is already learning to come up front to be seen and fed. With just a few days in there, I'm even starting to see some color. I am hoping that it will be a she and can eventually join my sorority, but for now, I'm mostly just hoping that this baby, whether male or female, will get to be a grown up!

Saturday:
Attachment 141434

Monday:
Attachment 141442

That's sad and adorable all in one! I hope your baby will live and so far with what you've told us, things are looking up for it! Good luck! I'm sure everything will turn out great for that little one ^^
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 04:16 PM   #1057 
Viva

Your baby is so cute Shadyr! One of my two bettas that I got as babies would only eat microworms for the first few days I had her...then she switched to frozen blood worms and crushed pellets after that. Sometimes you can trick them into eating if you wiggle a blood worm in front of it's face and then throw in some crushed pellets.
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 04:31 PM   #1058 
Lights106

Oh s/he is so cute!!! I can't wait to hear more about his progress!
Old 06-04-2013, 09:31 PM   #1059 
JamieL

I just bought one. I was in petco with my daughter and she spent forever looking at the fish, so I decided she was ready for one. I saw the baby bettas and I thought it would be so cool and rewarding for her to see it grow and change. I asked the employee for as much as she could tell me..."small bowl...feed him one pellet every other day"...I bought a betta tank kit, my daughter picked her baby, and i brought him home and googled before I did anything. I got better info, ran to petsmart for a heater. I originally got a 1/2 gallon tank, the heater said for 1/2 - 1 1/2 gal tanks, but I suspect it's too warm so I'm going out tomorrow for a bigger tank, thermometer, plants, etc, and I'll keep the small for emergencies/spare. I asked the woman at petsmart how to transfer him safely, she said "just scoop him up in the net and drop him in!". even as a total fish newbie I knew that was wrong. My daughter is really attached to this little guy, and I'm committed to keeping him alive!! He seems to be doing fine so far, but I've only had him a day so I know I'm not out of the woods. He's pretty small, blue with red tail fins. I don't know how to post a pic or I would. I think this could be the start of a beautiful fish relationship for me.
JamieL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:55 PM   #1060 
JamieL

I added a couple (albeit low quality) pics to an album, anyone feel like taking a peek and seeing if you have an idea yet of bubblefishy's gender/type? Just curious what he/she might grow up to be! My three year old girl picked out pretty girly surroundings for this little fishy
JamieL is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baby betta, good luck guys:), petco, petco babies, petco baby betta