Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-08-2013, 09:59 PM   #1091 
TexasRose

I have a baby too! My son received her as a thank you gift at a party. We have had her for 8 days. She is almost an inch and she has some pink/ purple color coming in. This board has given me a lot of good information on taking care of my little tot.

Good luck with yours!
TexasRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 08:27 AM   #1092 
kvw1988

Ok here's a picture of my little one. For someone who I'm sure was a cull it seems quite active and happy. I didn't have the heart to just leave the little guy there, I was sure no one would pick it because it's fin is messed up and its back is a little crooked. I have to admit I was kinda surprised this morning to see it swimming around, but I'm still trying to not get to attached. Oh and if anybody has any guesses on gender let me know, I'm leaning towards male but who knows.
Attached Images

Last edited by kvw1988; 06-09-2013 at 08:33 AM. Reason: Thought of a question
kvw1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 08:50 AM   #1093 
JamieL

Our little fishy is doing so well. He's really active, he's feisty and he attacks his food. And he seems to grow noticeably every day. Horizontal lines are almost gone, and his blue and red color is richer. What a difference a bigger tank and regular feedings makes. My daughter really wants her fishy to be a girl, but I'm leaning towards a boy now, because its still so little but the fins have gotten so long in just the last couple days. Im so impatient, i wanna know!! We'll see! I'll have to get a good picture later.
JamieL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 08:20 AM   #1094 
JamieL

pic of Bubblefishy in the cup from the store and then yesterday, almost a week after we brought him home :)
Attached Images

Old 06-10-2013, 08:38 AM   #1095 
kvw1988

Aww he's cute. What have you been feeding him? Mine loves the frozen bloodworms but do I have to feed some pellets too?
Old 06-10-2013, 08:57 AM   #1096 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvw1988 View Post
Aww he's cute. What have you been feeding him? Mine loves the frozen bloodworms but do I have to feed some pellets too?
Yes Frozen BW's are great! You can feed crush pellets as well though so the tank isn't as messy. I would alternate days with the BW's and the pellets. I use a mixture of ground up NLS flakes, pellets and Omega one Pellets and they love it!
lilnaugrim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 09:27 AM   #1097 
kvw1988

Ok thanks :) this is so exciting watching them grow up
Old 06-10-2013, 09:49 AM   #1098 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvw1988 View Post
Ok thanks :) this is so exciting watching them grow up
It is! Even though my two little boys had stunted growth, they're growing up so well and gaining colors everyday! It's so beautiful and exciting
lilnaugrim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 09:54 AM   #1099 
JamieL

I've been feeding mine frozen brine shrimp and crushed flakes. He won't seem to eat any pellets I've tried. My petsmart didn't have frozen bloodworms, unless they had another name and i didn't see them, but I want to get those too.

I have the hikari first bites, but they're so small, is it kind of pointless to feed him those at this point? And how many times a day is everyone feeding their babies? I've been feeding 3x/day, is that good?

It is fun to see them grow, just in a week i see such a difference. I can't wait to see if hes a male or female and what kind of betta. When we transferred him to the 5.5 gallon my almost 3 year old said "he's gonna grow up in there!" She loves him, she kisses the tank and talks to him. :)
Old 06-10-2013, 10:16 AM   #1100 
kvw1988

I've been feeding mine 3x a day, once in the morning about 8, then before work 130ish and when i get home about midnight.

Tags
baby betta, good luck guys:), petco, petco babies, petco baby betta