Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-15-2013, 07:06 AM   #1121 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

It's kind of like when a kitten really wants to run around but then end up flopping around everywhere because they can't balance properly yet. Same idea, your babies a trying to figure out bubble nests but they haven't quite gotten it yet. With age they'll get better at it, provided that they are boys ^_^ girls will also blow bubbles sometimes but the nest doesn't get nearly as big or as properly constructed as boys's do.
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 08:27 AM   #1122 
FadedPinkFins

This is my Betta Chance that I bought at a PetCo as a baby. There is a picture of her when I first bought her from the Pet Store on March 13th and a Picture from today, she was excited and swimming around haha
Attached Images

FadedPinkFins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 08:30 AM   #1123 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadedPinkFins View Post
This is my Betta Chance that I bought at a PetCo as a baby. There is a picture of her when I first bought her from the Pet Store on March 13th and a Picture from today, she was excited and swimming around haha
Cutie! She's adorable!! She looks so much better too
Old 06-15-2013, 08:37 AM   #1124 
FadedPinkFins

My BoyFriends betta who he named Miracle I believe has some sort of growth stunt or something of the sort because she is about a third the size of chance and hadn't began truly growing until about a month or so ago, not sure why. I read something online about a certain thing that betta's secrete when they're growing as a defense mechanism to male the others around them stay smaller so that they themselves have a better chance of surviving and how it works against them if their water is not changed? not sure if that's true or not but I think I'll start taking over the care of little Miracle :p I cannot tell the sex of him or her yet though. Hopefully I can work out a tank arrangement for each of them when we go back to school! (S)he also was very excited about me taking pictures haha
Attached Images

Old 06-15-2013, 08:38 AM   #1125 
FadedPinkFins

@lilnaugrim from what I can tell I think I may have gotten a little lucky with how well she's doing :)
Old 06-15-2013, 09:08 AM   #1126 
Fishy Mom

Quote:
My BoyFriends betta who he named Miracle I believe has some sort of growth stunt or something of the sort because she is about a third the size of chance and hadn't began truly growing until about a month or so ago, not sure why. I read something online about a certain thing that betta's secrete when they're growing as a defense mechanism to male the others around them stay smaller so that they themselves have a better chance of surviving and how it works against them if their water is not changed? not sure if that's true or not but I think I'll start taking over the care of little Miracle :p I cannot tell the sex of him or her yet though. Hopefully I can work out a tank arrangement for each of them when we go back to school! (S)he also was very excited about me taking pictures haha
Don't worry too much about slow growth. I had a runt for over six months that didn't grow. One day he just sprouted & now he's the biggest betta I own.
Fishy Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 09:17 AM   #1127 
FadedPinkFins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishy Mom View Post
Don't worry too much about slow growth. I had a runt for over six months that didn't grow. One day he just sprouted & now he's the biggest betta I own.
Haha okay, Thank you. I will just continue to do my best and take care of the little fella, hopefully he'll grow
haha
Old 06-15-2013, 09:25 AM   #1128 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Quote:
This one is a boy, no ovaries

Yes they excrete a Growth Stunting hormone that does exactly that. Usually it's best to change the water every other day at least 50%, if it's a small enough container then 100% and if it's really small like .5 gallon, then 100% every day IMO.

Yeah my babies are stunted as well from being in their cups and I fell a bit behind on their 3 gallon but now they're in the split 5.5 and doing loads better, still not growing as I'd like but keeping the water clean and enough food is key!

My babies started to eat crushed up NLS pellets! Granted they're still small but it's so cute to see them gooble down half a pellet!
Old 06-15-2013, 09:31 AM   #1129 
Fishy Mom

Quote:
Haha okay, Thank you. I will just continue to do my best and take care of the little fella, hopefully he'll grow
haha
They are cute when they are that littlearen't they? Enjoy your little guy.
Fishy Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 09:57 AM   #1130 
resa

I'm a victim of wrongful fin type sold to me

I don't know much about bettas but I bought one that said it was a ct female. I had lots of other tropical fish but they all died and they all came from petco. they all had fin rot...neways
a moderator said they believe my betta to b a plakat not a ct... last night I was going through my fish pics and realized my betta baby didn't have stripes until the last several days but anyways here's her/his pic....the first ones you can see she didn't have stripes last ones she has stripes
Attached Images

resa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baby betta, good luck guys:), petco, petco babies, petco baby betta