Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-12-2012, 12:48 AM   #111 
alysalouise

This is my new little one, so tiny, maybe 1/8 inch long

Eating finly crushed up flake food for the night
but i think ill cut some of my Frozen Brine shrimp and blood worms up in a bit and give that a go for a fuller tummy
Attached Images

alysalouise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 01:24 AM   #112 
bettalover2033

@Magikarp: I am not to good in the bettas sickness, but what I would do is keep an eye on her. ( Its a female) Overfeeding will be obvious because the stomach would get large. This would be hard to tell from a fry because fry's stomach's should be full at all times to ensure they are fully healthy. I hope that she gets more energy and im sorry I couldnt help you like I wanted to.

Does she have any caves or hiding places for her to rest? I would suggest planting the tank fairly full because bettas like to feel secure and sometimes wide empty spaces make them stressed out.

Also try asking OFL she is amazing in this section of betta keeping.
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 01:30 AM   #113 
Magikarp

Yeah the tank is heavily planted near the back and there are 2 mini caves that she goes into a lot. Hmmm alright. Thanks for the help though
Magikarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 02:02 AM   #114 
bettalover2033

Sorry it wasnt much. Not really my field of knowledge. Im more of the breeding knowledge member. I mostly know the basics and
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 02:14 AM   #115 
alysalouise

My little one now has a slight belly. It ate a few small bits of frozen shrimp and worms. Hopefully the decap eggs wont take to long to get here. Those should be easier for the little one to eat. He looks so depressed. Just sitting on the bottom sulking
Old 01-12-2012, 12:38 PM   #116 
LilyK

Just wanted to chime in on Petco's decision to sell the babys. The Petco in my area has completely stopped selling the adults and is only selling the babys (this is outside of Philly). They are super tiny, I think also to tiny to sell and have survive. But I noticed on some of the older ones that the majority were DT or CTs, which I found to be surprising given the vast majority of VT being sold. There was one tiny DT that I had my eye one, but I don't have the room, not even for a little baby. I hope people do their research before buying the babys...
LilyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 12:48 PM   #117 
alysalouise

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyK View Post
Just wanted to chime in on Petco's decision to sell the babys. The Petco in my area has completely stopped selling the adults and is only selling the babys (this is outside of Philly). They are super tiny, I think also to tiny to sell and have survive. But I noticed on some of the older ones that the majority were DT or CTs, which I found to be surprising given the vast majority of VT being sold. There was one tiny DT that I had my eye one, but I don't have the room, not even for a little baby. I hope people do their research before buying the babys...
I think they have a better survival rate when coming home with people on here that have been around long enough to watch a number of spawn logs to know what it is they need to survive and to take care of them properly. Or to those that have spawned bettas sucessfully before.
Old 01-12-2012, 04:35 PM   #118 
Magikarp

Hey bettalover, just wanted to update you. She is doing much better today! i havent seen her clamp her fins at all. The only weird thing i can recall was overfeeding her yesterday.. but after she did her business everything seems well. Do you think that mightve been the cause?
Magikarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 06:37 PM   #119 
TeaZag

I have had my baby betta for about one and a half weeks. I can't tell if It is a male or female or what kind of fins, If any of you can tell please let me know. This link is to the picture of my baby betta fish. http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php...type=1&theater
I bought him a betta leaf to lay on He is in a heated tank and is eating crushed betta pellets. I don't know if the stripes on him are from stress or just cuse its a baby. So far he is doing pretty good and loves swimming around in his big tank. Its hard to get a good picture of him because he loves swimming around!
TeaZag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:48 PM   #120 
gossipgirl1031

Should be just because he/she is so young still. It takes weeks-months for those to really disappear.
gossipgirl1031 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baby betta, good luck guys:), petco, petco babies, petco baby betta