Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-03-2013, 05:35 PM   #1251 
TheOnlyCanvas

Oh Lights I'm so sorry to hear that :(

Those progress pictures are seriously amazing!

Viva was right about the chunks 'missing' from Phoenix's tail - it's just tail growth! Different sections are growing out and it's so strange.

P.S. Steve and Tony are wonderful names omg well done
TheOnlyCanvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 05:57 PM   #1252 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Haha, thanks!!
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 06:38 PM   #1253 
TiffanyP

Have any of your fish been picky eaters? The pellets I got for Alaric when I bought him are too big for his mouth, so I've crushed them up and he likes those, but since they're crushed, its hard to measure out enough that he'll eat in one feeding, so the uneaten stuff sinks to the bottom and clouds up the water...

So I tried flakes, which he didn't want anything to do with. Went out tonight and bought some mini pellets to see if he'd like those better since he could get them in his mouth... nope. Spit that out after about half a chew and avoided the other few too...

Just want to see if I'm alone in this or not lol
TiffanyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:30 PM   #1254 
Meeples

Any guess on gender? I've had this little thing for about 4 months now. I was assuming it was a girl but the fins are looking a bit long now...
Attached Images

Meeples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:33 PM   #1255 
Meeples

TiffanyP I had the same problem... I just ended up cleaning up the tank more. I tried smaller pellets but my baby didn't like those so I just went with crushed Hikari Betta. Bloodworm, too.
Meeples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:37 PM   #1256 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Tiffany, instead of crushing completely, can you break it in half with your finger nail or a plastic card of something? That's what my boy's get.

Also Meeple, looks like a boy but I can't be too certain since the ventral's don't look very long. If you could get a flashlight and shine it behind your baby, see if you can see triangular ovaries behind the stomach. something that might help is to stress it out a little, put it in a cup or something that it doesn't like so it can lose color and that should make it easier to see if there are ovaries or not.
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:45 PM   #1257 
TiffanyP

Okay, thanks guys :) I'm going to try the New Life Spectrum food on payday to see if he likes that, and if he doesn't, I guess I'll just keep changing his water frequently. He's my only baby right now so he's getting a bit spoiled :D
Old 07-03-2013, 07:57 PM   #1258 
logisticsguy

NLS Grow is .5mm (small) pellet that is perfect size for young betta 6 weeks to adult. It can be hard to find. Its high in protein and juvi betta digest it easily. Meeple I think you have a boy. One frozen food young fish love is Freshwater Frenzy which is a variety pack of sorts with bloodworms bbs daphnia ect. A cube can feed many baby fish so just chip out a small piece and back to the freezer. One pack will last a single betta for months.
logisticsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:01 PM   #1259 
TiffanyP

They have the NLS .5 mm pellets at my PetCo, I was just hesitant about buying a $7 container of food lol I'm cheap so I went for the $3 stuff that was small enough for him but he doesn't like it at all. So back to PetCo I'll go on Friday :)
Old 07-03-2013, 08:09 PM   #1260 
logisticsguy

Yeah the smallest container of NLS grow I could find here was 14 bucks but prices here (Canada) are really high. Try to make sure its the Grow formula. With fish food I find quality does cost more but well worth it in the long run.
logisticsguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baby betta, good luck guys:), petco, petco babies, petco baby betta