He's so colorful Jamie! Good job :)
TiffanyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 10:11 PM   #1292 
TheOnlyCanvas

His colors are so great!
TheOnlyCanvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 04:34 PM   #1293 
JamieL

Thanks! My daughter picked him out, I had another one in my hand. He was the only dark colored baby, maybe he was easier for her to see in those little cups.

Although since last night he's been pacing on one end of the tank and when I walk in he's all pale and striped and sometimes clamped, then after he sees me he colors up again. He's been in that spot every time I walk in the room :/ he was constipated yesterday, maybe that's causing stress.
JamieL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 05:25 PM   #1294 
JamieL

I fed him for the second time today (I feed 3x) and I keep peeking in and he's colored and swimming around like normal again. I wasn't exactly fasting him but I reduced his feedings til his bloating went down and I think he was actually just hungry pacing by the side closest to the door watching for me to come in with food. These fish are so funny.
Old 07-08-2013, 06:32 PM   #1295 
TiffanyP

Hahaha Alaric does that too! When he's hungry he'll swim like crazy all around the side of the tank closest to me until I go over and feed him, and when I walk in the room and he sees me he swims all crazy too. I like to think that he's excited to see me :)
TiffanyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 03:29 PM   #1296 
Viva

Yeah bettas catch on fast, even the babies. I fed both my babies bloodworms with a pipette and now every time they see a pipette they attack it like crazy! Currently I'm nursing a little female (basically a baby, she's sooo young!) with a pipette as well because she won't eat pellets yet.
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 03:51 PM   #1297 
JamieL

I feed him off little rubber baby spoons from when my daughter was a baby, he goes crazy when he sees one. I'm obsessed, I want another one. If my brothers betta knew the fish living arrangements he'd probably pack up and move here!
Old 07-09-2013, 04:38 PM   #1298 
Shadyr

So it looks like this will be my last post to the baby betta thread (until such time a I get another, I *wants* a DT girl and short of shipping, this is the only way I ever see em in my local stores) - cause I think Magic showed me he's not a baby any more.

The story:
I have a girl in my sorority who clamps up and (through no method I SEE) gets her fins torn up anytime I do a major clean or work in the big tank. She typically then gets to spend a few days in a light AQ salt med tank until she feels better, and then she is returned to the big tank until the next time I have to do maintenance. I had the med tank torn apart when I pulled her this go-around...I had given her a couple days just to see if she would pull out of it without the salt this time, but no, she'd gone from clamped to clamped and a bit listless. Since the med tank wasn't set up, I put her in her cup in Magic's tank.

Oh My. He was smitten. He was dancing and flaring for her, and when I came back a couple hours later to see if the temp in the med tank was good, I found this:

Name:  magicbubbles-1280.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  65.3 KB

He's come a long way from this scrawny thing, and in only 5 and a half weeks!

Name:  baby-day1-1280.jpg
Views: 199
Size:  42.6 KB
Shadyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 04:45 PM   #1299 
JamieL

He made that bubble nest for her?? That's so cute!!!!! :D
Old 07-09-2013, 04:50 PM   #1300 
lovefordebbie
Banned

aww, so cute