Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-15-2013, 07:56 AM   #1331 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyby Stardancer View Post
What to do for a constipated baby? The tank is essentially bare-bottomed, but I'm not seeing any poop... I don't know if it's because he's constipated or because I'm just missing it.
Freeze-dried or frozen daphnia will work very well, keep feeding him though. He's not going to poop if he doesn't eat.

How long have you had him and how often are you feeding/what?

Sometimes if they've been malnourished for a while they won't poop much under a day or so later.
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 07:59 AM   #1332 
jeano

How often should the babies be fed? I have read 3, 4 and 5 times a day. I currently feed Tony 3 times a day and he gobbles it up. Should I up that to 4? I don't want to underfeed him.
jeano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 08:42 AM   #1333 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeano View Post
How often should the babies be fed? I have read 3, 4 and 5 times a day. I currently feed Tony 3 times a day and he gobbles it up. Should I up that to 4? I don't want to underfeed him.
If you can get to 4-5 times a day that'd be great! If that's the case, don't feed him tons, just a little bit and then just feed more frequently. But if you can only get to 3 times a day like I can, then that is fine as well it won't hurt them they might not grow as fast but they'll grow still!
Old 07-15-2013, 09:17 AM   #1334 
Flyby Stardancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnaugrim View Post
How long have you had him and how often are you feeding/what?
I got him Friday, fed him twice that day with cut-up pellets. Fed him four times on Saturday, the first two pellets, second two frozen brine shrimp that I had separated into bite-sized pieces. He was only fed three times yesterday (I was out of the house at one feeding time), all three times pellets.
Flyby Stardancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 09:20 AM   #1335 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyby Stardancer View Post
I got him Friday, fed him twice that day with cut-up pellets. Fed him four times on Saturday, the first two pellets, second two frozen brine shrimp that I had separated into bite-sized pieces. He was only fed three times yesterday (I was out of the house at one feeding time), all three times pellets.
Okay, keep that up then, that's good. It just might not have worked it's way through his system yet, so just hold out and he should poop in the next day or so. If he doesn't, then if you can get some frozen/freeze-dried Daphnia then that'd be the way to go!
Old 07-15-2013, 04:58 PM   #1336 
TheOnlyCanvas

Somebody is losing her stripes and gaining some really gorgeous colors :)
Attached Images

TheOnlyCanvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 06:56 PM   #1337 
Flyby Stardancer

I went out to get some timers (one to replace a failing timer on my big boy's tank for the lights, and another one for the baby's heater so I don't have to rely on memory to plug it in at night and unplug it during the day when room temp is more than enough for the little thing). When I got home, I went over and checked on the little guy. I noticed his tummy looked smaller, so I scanned the bottom of the tank... Sure, enough, there was poop! Yay!

And he also looks bigger already than when I brought him home, and it's only been about half a week!
Flyby Stardancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 07:14 PM   #1338 
JamieL

It's amazing the growth you see right away! What a difference good food and water conditions make. :)
JamieL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 11:53 AM   #1339 
jeano

Okay, so my bad...left the frozen baby brine shrimp out and it thawed and had to throw it away(way to go!). I have the frozen brine shrimp for my adults but was wondering what is the difference in the bbs as opposed to the adult brine shrimp. Is this okay to feed to my baby or is it not as nutritious?
jeano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 01:09 PM   #1340 
Viva

It should be fine they're just bigger. You might need to cut it up a bit.
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baby betta, good luck guys:), petco, petco babies, petco baby betta