Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-28-2013, 11:08 AM   #1441 
snowflake311

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnaugrim View Post
Yes Jeano, you can use Vita-chem for the babies too ^_^ I've been using it and so far Steve has seen quite the growth spurt! So I believe it's pretty beneficial any which way you look at it.

@Flyby, yeah sorry. Sometimes I just write and I had mini-cycles on the brain from the other post, I know better that doing water changes like that won't cause mini-cycles >.<
I love vita chem I used this to heal up some large cichlids that I rescued. They had bad hole in the head. I think clean water and a little bill of vita chem is what helped them make a quick full recovery.
snowflake311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 11:47 AM   #1442 
TheOnlyCanvas

I've officially had Phoenix for a whole month! I think she's probably about 2 months old now, but I'm not super familiar with age and size of bettas.

She has this gorgeous periwinkle coloring coming in, so I really have no idea what she's going to look like.

She's been eating smaller adult pellets for a few days now, although I accidentally dropped a bigger one in there that she couldn't eat and she just swam around with it in her mouth for five minutes before I dropped a smaller one in there for her. Even then she tried to grab the smaller one with the big one still in her mouth! Silly girl. She also loves pond snails... she goes into full on hunter mode when I crack them open a bit.

I'm starting to see some branching in her fins, but only two for now.
Attached Images

TheOnlyCanvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 12:03 PM   #1443 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

So cute Canvas!!! She's colored up so much and beautiful too! She looks like she's only at the 1-1.5 month stage which seems right, definitely no more than 2 months at all. Of course she could be that old technically but since stunted, she's still at the 1-1.5 month STAGE.

Gee, wish Tony would even TRY to go after the pellets >.> crazy fish, he won't even eat the ones I crush up for him now the spoiled brat! lol
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 01:50 PM   #1444 
TheOnlyCanvas

I'll hazard a guess that she's probably closer to two, just because I've had her for a full month. She was probably around 3 or 4 weeks when I got her?

She's been going after pellets since I first brought her home. They'd really trained her to eat them, either before they sent her to the store or while she was in the cup. Sure makes my life easier! Although she'll eat just about anything that moves. She once tried to nibble on a root from the amazon sword that was sticking through the gravel!

Here are pictures of her from when I first got her vs. yesterday (next to Mara, my adult CT, who isn't a particularly big fish, so I think she's probably fairly young too) and she's really not that much smaller O.o
Attached Images

Old 07-28-2013, 06:39 PM   #1445 
PetMania

Hey, Canvas, where did you get that white divider? I have seen that one in a ton of pictures.
PetMania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 07:01 PM   #1446 
TheOnlyCanvas

I made it myself! There's a tutorial for DIY dividers somewhere on this site... can't remember where. It's basically craft mesh and project report binders, cut to fit the tank.
Old 07-28-2013, 07:14 PM   #1447 
TiffanyP

She's getting so big! My little guy is just growing away too :) He's building his first rather large bubble nest - probably inspired by his new neighbor haha If you find a link for that tutorial, let me know where it is would you please? :) thanks!
TiffanyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 08:25 PM   #1448 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Right here: http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/d...ividers-21866/

It's saved under my DIY for people to view when I talk about things lol My "Fish Ref" bookmark is getting long.
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 09:07 PM   #1449 
PetMania

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnaugrim View Post
Right here: http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/d...ividers-21866/

It's saved under my DIY for people to view when I talk about things lol My "Fish Ref" bookmark is getting long.
Thanks!
PetMania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 09:35 PM   #1450 
TiffanyP

Yes indeed, thank you! Gaston is so happy with his big 5 gallon home that I can't bear to have to split it permanently, so I got another 5 gallon to put Alaric in. But they'll have to share for a couple of days while I run the filter on one tank for a day to get it warmed up, and then the other one. Still figuring out where I'm going to put two 5 gallon tanks haha but I'll make it work. This is a much cheaper alternative for a temporary divider!

Also Canvas, I found this website that gives an idea of how big fry are: http://www.bettatalk.com/fry_growth.htm could possibly give you a better idea :)

(Hope it's Kosher that I posted that link since it's from another betta site, sorry if it's not!)
TiffanyP is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baby betta, good luck guys:), petco, petco babies, petco baby betta