Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-16-2013, 12:26 PM   #1531 
TiffanyP

He's smaller than Alaric was so I'm hoping he takes well to pellets, I bought some frozen blood worms too so I have those as well as the NLS small fish formula :) Wish me luck!
TiffanyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 04:14 PM   #1532 
Viva

Good luck I'm sure you will do fine! I just got my first DT baby female a week or two ago! She was the only DT baby there and was also the worse off of all the babies which is why I took her home!
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 04:52 PM   #1533 
TiffanyP

I bought the little guy a 2 gallon tank to start with and he's so small it takes me a few minutes to find him usually lol the slightly crappy LED lighting doesn't help much either... He ate a couple of the NLS small fish pellets earlier - yay! And do you know how hard it is to just pick out like 3 of them? I'm still thinking of a name for him... Here's a picture - he's (at least I think it's a he, I held up a flashlight and saw his stomach but didn't see anything behind it, so I'm assuming it's a he but I've also never seen ovaries to know what those look like...) pretty much colorless at this point, but has a darker tint to him. If you shine the light on him just right he has a nice greeny iridescence though :) Still thinking of the name for the little booger, what do you think?
Attached Images

Old 08-16-2013, 05:41 PM   #1534 
JamieL

Cute!!!
JamieL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 06:59 PM   #1535 
jeano

Tony Stewart is growing up!

OMG, I would have a better chance of winning the lottery than getting a good picture of him! The best I could do. He has really filled out and changes everyday. I remember when it took me forever just to find him in the tank and he had no color at all!

Name:  IMG_20130816_184751.jpg
Views: 268
Size:  82.9 KB

Name:  IMG_20130816_184743.jpg
Size:  92.2 KB

Name:  IMG_20130816_183927.jpg
Size:  41.0 KB

Name:  IMG_20130816_184132.jpg
Views: 269
Size:  38.4 KB
jeano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 10:39 AM   #1536 
Quinn

Weeeellll, I went to Petco yesterday to look for something and... well... yeah. They had SO MANY Bettas, I was actually quite shocked at the number. There were some real lookers, and a bunch of gorgeous EE males that I would have LOVED to bring home, but not only were they themselves $20 each, but I don't have another big set up or anything. I DID however have a small kritter keeper (it's like .75 gallons) sitting around with gravel and some plants left over that didn't end up in my boys tank. So one adorable DT baby ended up sneaking home with me. OOPS! I was worried that s/he wouldn't make it through the night as I wasn't sure if the crappy tiny heater would function ok, but thus far its fine! I'll have to figure out uploading pictures to a hosting site from my phone, but I'll try to get some pictures up soon of the little bugger.
Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 11:35 AM   #1537 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinn View Post
Weeeellll, I went to Petco yesterday to look for something and... well... yeah. They had SO MANY Bettas, I was actually quite shocked at the number. There were some real lookers, and a bunch of gorgeous EE males that I would have LOVED to bring home, but not only were they themselves $20 each, but I don't have another big set up or anything. I DID however have a small kritter keeper (it's like .75 gallons) sitting around with gravel and some plants left over that didn't end up in my boys tank. So one adorable DT baby ended up sneaking home with me. OOPS! I was worried that s/he wouldn't make it through the night as I wasn't sure if the crappy tiny heater would function ok, but thus far its fine! I'll have to figure out uploading pictures to a hosting site from my phone, but I'll try to get some pictures up soon of the little bugger.
Just remember that with a tank that small, the little one will need water changes every day. You should really look into getting a bigger tank, there will be less chance of you stunting your Betta's growth since the smaller the tank, the more it will effect them.
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 12:15 PM   #1538 
Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnaugrim View Post
Just remember that with a tank that small, the little one will need water changes every day. You should really look into getting a bigger tank, there will be less chance of you stunting your Betta's growth since the smaller the tank, the more it will effect them.
Yes I know. I will be getting a larger one, but my 3 gallon keeper doesnt hold water, and it's certainly way more spacious than the cup s/he was in, so upgrade nonetheless. It was what I had at home, and at least this guy has a chance now!
Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 12:22 PM   #1539 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Just wanted to make sure you knew and all Quinn ^_^ I'm glad you're taking the time to take care of him and give him a better life!
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 12:23 PM   #1540 
TiffanyP

I've got my midget (his current nickname til I figure out his real name lol) in a 2 gallon, I'm doing a 50% water change every other day and a 100% once a week as well. Is that enough for him? (second guessing myself lol)

Tags
baby betta, good luck guys:), petco, petco babies, petco baby betta