Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-02-2013, 03:08 PM   #1601 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Oh and I forgot to give updated pictures of my boys lol. Hawkeye has settled in amazingly well and is already growing quite a bit!

First here's Tony my baby boy:

And Steve:

And Hawkeye:

And all three together:
lilnaugrim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 03:13 PM   #1602 
indig0

They're all so beautiful!!

Would it be safe to assume my little ones are VT?
indig0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 03:24 PM   #1603 
sushiisaboss75

This is my new boy
Attached Images

sushiisaboss75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 03:33 PM   #1604 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by indig0 View Post
They're all so beautiful!!

Would it be safe to assume my little ones are VT?
Penelope looks VT but I think Pyro might be a DeT when he grows up more, but if he retains only two ray's then he could be PK or VT. The dorsal isn't the normal VT dorsal so I dont' think he's VT, but perhaps PK!
Old 09-02-2013, 04:19 PM   #1605 
Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnaugrim View Post
Oh boy, a Mystery AND a Nerite? That's going to be quite the bio-load just so you know. The Nerite will be fine but the Mysteries are one of the bigger poop machines. RCS would be fine but it's all up to your Betta ^_^
Really? Hmm, I know snails are messy, but I didn't think it would be that bad? Aq advisor also only had the stocking level around 60 even with all the things I want to add. It will also be heavily planted! I'll see how it comes along as time progresses and decide. Worst case some get rehomed or moved, or I just decide never to get them to begin with! I'm just figuring out what I like and what works :)
Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 04:33 PM   #1606 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinn View Post
Really? Hmm, I know snails are messy, but I didn't think it would be that bad? Aq advisor also only had the stocking level around 60 even with all the things I want to add. It will also be heavily planted! I'll see how it comes along as time progresses and decide. Worst case some get rehomed or moved, or I just decide never to get them to begin with! I'm just figuring out what I like and what works :)
It's also not just the bio-load either, you have to account for how much bio-film they'll eat, algae and all. Of course you can still supplement them but their natural algae diet amoung other plant matter will be best for them. Usually it's just 1 snail per 10 gallons of water, varies depending on the snail and what they do like Mysteries vs. MTS. But you can try and if it happens to not work out you can find homes but I'm sure if you keep them supplemented and whatnot it should be fine.
Old 09-02-2013, 05:14 PM   #1607 
Viva

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixie55555 View Post
I just got some good pics today. I have rescued several babies recently and all are doing quite well. Here are pics of 2 of them. Both these babies are looking very similar in color. The first 3 pics are the one that looks like Viva's, and the last couple of pics are a different fish but it has similar color & also looks like it's tail will split into a DT though you can't really tell from the pics.

Any input on possible sex & fin type would be appreciated. I am also VERY curious about what the white spot is behind the ventrals on the first fish.

Omg she does look almost identical to my little one! SO ADORABLE!
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:43 PM   #1608 
trixie55555

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnaugrim View Post
Penelope looks VT but I think Pyro might be a DeT when he grows up more, but if he retains only two ray's then he could be PK or VT. The dorsal isn't the normal VT dorsal so I dont' think he's VT, but perhaps PK!
You have gorgeous fish, and I LOVE their names!!! Also, what are you using as a separator in the tank?

Last edited by trixie55555; 09-03-2013 at 10:48 PM.
trixie55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:54 PM   #1609 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixie55555 View Post
You have gorgeous fish, and I LOVE their names!!! Also, what are you using as a separator in the tank?
Thank you! Yeah, I'm loving my Marvel theme

For dividers I have one Lee's Divider for 10 gallon and the white one is just plastic mesh from Wal-Mart. Here's a tut on making cool dividers for cheap: http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/d...ividers-21866/
Old 09-06-2013, 08:24 PM   #1610 
Fe26

My little betta

I also saw a baby betta at petco and instantly fell in love with her and had to protect her, I mean even with the conditions she was in she still had spunk! I'm pretty sure she's female but that all I can guess...I've never had a betta before. I've had her about two weeks now and she's still alive, and I hope she's healthy and happy. (I am worried I stress her out, she always has those marks it seems......)http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/843/h67l.jpg/
If anyone can sort of see what she is I'd appreciate knowing more about my Monoke.
Fe26 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baby betta, good luck guys:), petco, petco babies, petco baby betta