Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-10-2013, 05:21 PM   #1621 
TiffanyP

I'm really not sure :( I had to run home on an emergency visit and when I got back he was gone.
TiffanyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 06:34 PM   #1622 
JamieL

sorry to hear!
JamieL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 07:34 AM   #1623 
vikingchick12

I've had 2 fairly small females from Petco recently. The first girl was tiny and ended up never eating and not being active :( My second girl however, she was bigger to begin with, has a lot of spunk and seems to be doing just fine. She has gotten a little bit of a belly though :3 I think she will be around 8 weeks old now! :D
vikingchick12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 02:15 PM   #1624 
Viva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinn View Post
So many cute babies!
Here are some updated pictures of my little guy.
His new digs - 10 gal.

His den. Propped up new driftwood piece to make a cave area and he LOVES it. Sometimes I have trouble finding him he's so well hidden.

Little man with his half frown

He seems to be battling some type of parasite right now, we are currently medicating, but otherwise seems super happy and healthy. He's very active, curious, and seems to have such a blast in his tank playing around all the plants and wood. He *superquickly* flared at me a few times today when I came around to the other side of his tank (on my kitchen island, so we "hang out" when I'm on the couch too). So cute!

OMG HE IS SOOOOOO CUUUUUUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He looks healthy and happy to me! Adorable little guy!
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 09:28 PM   #1625 
Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viva View Post
OMG HE IS SOOOOOO CUUUUUUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He looks healthy and happy to me! Adorable little guy!
Thanks Viva! He is pretty cute
I need to get a picture showing his full half frown. It always makes me giggle, he's so serious on one side and all innocent looking on the other. It's just really tricky to get clear pics of him on my phone
Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 01:32 PM   #1626 
Viva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinn View Post
Thanks Viva! He is pretty cute
I need to get a picture showing his full half frown. It always makes me giggle, he's so serious on one side and all innocent looking on the other. It's just really tricky to get clear pics of him on my phone
Hahahah, yeah I can imagine it'd be almost impossible to get a clear picture on phone. I can hardly do it with a regular digital camera. Although some phones now have like AMAZING quality cameras on them now.
Old 09-12-2013, 03:00 PM   #1627 
Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viva View Post
Hahahah, yeah I can imagine it'd be almost impossible to get a clear picture on phone. I can hardly do it with a regular digital camera. Although some phones now have like AMAZING quality cameras on them now.
Yeah the iphone camera quality isn't too bad, but its slow to focus, so by the time I've focused he's moved!

In other news for anyone reading, I can't figure out if I'm paranoid about the parasite thing or if he does have them. Have a post in the med section already though it didn't really get any attention.
Basically long story short is:
Bought at Petco 8/18.
Always did a lot of glass surfing, though it did seem he was rubbing against the glass, particularly his head, but I thought he was just doing it for whatever reason non health related.

On 9/1 I set up a new 10 gal and put him in. He still did(does) a lot of glass surfing, but he's very happy, explores his home, etc etc.

9/7 I noticed him starting to very quickly *super speed* rub off of his driftwood, (is this glancing or flashing or are they the same thing? )
9/8 I gave him his first dose of API General Cure after big water change. I also dosed my other fish as I shared supplies between them. The next day I saw HIM rubbing on the driftwood, too, which I had never seen.

48 hours later re-dosed both of them. I haven't seen any more of the quick movements, however still the usual rubbing on glass. Oh right and I had also upped the temps, the baby has been at 86-88, the other guy however I think his tank has fallen below 86 at night when we have the AC on all night, but I turned it up in the hopes of it staying high!

That brings us to today, and what should be the last of the treatment. I'm supposed to do a 25% water change today and all is well, according to the API directions. However I don't know that he's actually better. He has had these white spots near his gills however they haven't changed, they aren't fuzzy and they just look shiny and like iridescence, so I don't know if they are indicative of an illness. He also has some red marks on his face in front of his gills, they almost look like veins but I imagine fish veins wouldn't be so big? They haven't changed at all either, but I don't know if they indicate an issue or just his coloration/self. Will try really hard to get pictures.
It seems like the closest guess would be gill flukes, which general cure is supposed to cure. But did it? Can I treat him with another round? Should I try a different medication? How the heck do I tell what behavior and appearance is normal when he has acted and looked this way for all of the time I've had him (well no he's colored up and grown obviously). I FEEL LIKE he is itching himself on the glass, and I feel like something is still bothering him in that sense, but his behavior has always been very active, curious, healthy.

I've also got my snails in QT who can't go in the tanks while being treated for parasites, which is an annoyance and space eater, so I'd love to just be done with the hassle and worrying!
Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 03:15 PM   #1628 
Viva

I wish I could help you but I have no experience with parasites. If it is internal, I know the infected fish will have white, stringy-looking poop and will probably be lethargic and lose appetite. External parasites I think you would see what you are describing...the fish will rub on decor, etc. to get the parasites off. External parasites I think are easily treated with aquarium salt but the General Cure should work also. Ich is easily treated by raising the temperature of the water to at least 86 F for 2 weeks because they cannot thrive at temperatures that high.
Old 09-13-2013, 05:05 PM   #1629 
trixie55555

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnaugrim View Post
She's beautiful mscanon! And yep, she's a girl ^_^ I think she's PK as well, indicative by the ray's poking out from her tail and the shape of her dorsal and over all body shape ^_^

What rays?
trixie55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 07:59 PM   #1630 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixie55555 View Post
What rays?
This is an explanation of ray's and branching: http://www.bettafish.com/showthread....39#post2613201
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baby betta, good luck guys:), petco, petco babies, petco baby betta