Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-29-2013, 07:30 PM   #1651 
PetMania

I just got my new rescue/baby betta. I believe it's a girl. I got him/her from Wal-Mart. You would not believe what I am about to tell you:
Two guys working there starting playing with the cups and cursing and they said they aren't going to feed them.
PetMania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 08:40 PM   #1652 
megaredize

bah, its not surprising. im so happy my walmart stopped selling fish before i got into the hobby so i dont really remember the fish there because i never cared to look at the time.
megaredize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 08:45 PM   #1653 
PetMania

lucky you
Old 09-29-2013, 10:15 PM   #1654 
TiffanyP

So forgive the bad quality of these pictures, I was in a hurry and he was darting all around :) I don't remember if I said earlier, but he's barely half an inch long, so maybe around 5 weeks old? I'll get better ones tomorrow, or at least try lol He was doing very well when I left, I can't wait to get back and see him! I'm in the process of naming him... Want to help? :)

A. Magnus (mag-niss) - Latin for "great"
-or-
B. Icarus (ick-ah-riss) - is from Greek mythology. His father Daedalus, a great craftsman, built two sets of wings out of wax and feathers. On the test flight, he warned Icarus to not fly too close to the sun, nor too close to the sea. But upon flying, Icarus got very excited and flew too close to the sun, which melted his wings, so he fell to the sea.
Attached Images

TiffanyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 10:25 PM   #1655 
PetMania

Icarius; it sounds more aquatic.
Old 09-30-2013, 11:17 AM   #1656 
lainaxoberst

Earlier this summer I also discovered the PetCo babies and I fell into the cuteness trap as well. I picked out a tiny white baby with blue fins, because he looked much healthier than the others. I kept him in a 1 gallon tank at 78 degrees and changed his water almost ever other day. Unfortunately I only had the little guy - or girl, who knows - for a little less than a month. His fins started clamping and it looked like he had fin rot towards the end, despite my best efforts to keep his little tank clean.
Maybe it was just my inexperience as a fish keeper at the time, but I wouldn't risk buying another baby any time soon. :/
lainaxoberst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:55 PM   #1657 
Marlow

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiffanyP View Post
So forgive the bad quality of these pictures, I was in a hurry and he was darting all around :) I don't remember if I said earlier, but he's barely half an inch long, so maybe around 5 weeks old? I'll get better ones tomorrow, or at least try lol He was doing very well when I left, I can't wait to get back and see him! I'm in the process of naming him... Want to help? :)

A. Magnus (mag-niss) - Latin for "great"
-or-
B. Icarus (ick-ah-riss) - is from Greek mythology. His father Daedalus, a great craftsman, built two sets of wings out of wax and feathers. On the test flight, he warned Icarus to not fly too close to the sun, nor too close to the sea. But upon flying, Icarus got very excited and flew too close to the sun, which melted his wings, so he fell to the sea.

So adorable pfskfsj I'd definitely go with Icarus, I think it sounds better lol

@lainaxoberst I wouldn't let one bad experience discourage you too much. These little guys are adorable ;3;
Marlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:21 PM   #1658 
Chachi

Love the babies!!
Chachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:25 PM   #1659 
PetMania

I know that that baby is clear, but s/he is so adorbs
Old 09-30-2013, 11:24 PM   #1660 
Davina

Hello,

I joined this forum a while ago when I first got my baby betta. I named her Dart. Here's the thread I started about her: http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=93689

I didn't keep up that thread, but she's been with me all this time. She'll be two years old in January, I believe.

Unfortunately, her health is now failing her. I'm not sure if it's an illness or if life expectancy is just lower for these babies, since they're put under strenuous conditions at such a tender age. Does anyone else have any ideas about this? I'll post about her symptoms and living conditions in the disease and emergency thread.
Davina is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baby betta, good luck guys:), petco, petco babies, petco baby betta