Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-24-2012, 05:50 PM   #161 
alysalouise

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilyN View Post
I got one of the baby bettas at Petco yesterday. He seems to be doing wonderfully so far thanks to the advice from this page. I do have a question tho. I keep reading that the baby shouldn't be kept in the cup I bought him in. My question is is that because of the temperature or is it a space issue? For the time being, I have him in his cup, but his cup is floating in my larger tank, which is heated. Is this okay until he gets a little bigger or should he get his own tank?

I am also keeping one of my babies in the cup, floating in one of my heated tanks, i just do daily 100% water changes and clean up any uneaten food from the cup after s/he is done eating
Im just doing so until i go out and get another small tank that i can keep heated for it to go into, i have my other 2 in a 1 gallon split and the light on top keeps the tank at perfect temp, this of coarse is temp. until they are big enough to be in one of my divided 10 gallons where alll my adults are kept

Just make sure to clean up any uneaten food and to do daily water changes
alysalouise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 06:01 PM   #162 
EmilyN

Quote:
Originally Posted by alysalouise View Post
I am also keeping one of my babies in the cup, floating in one of my heated tanks, i just do daily 100% water changes and clean up any uneaten food from the cup after s/he is done eating
Im just doing so until i go out and get another small tank that i can keep heated for it to go into, i have my other 2 in a 1 gallon split and the light on top keeps the tank at perfect temp, this of coarse is temp. until they are big enough to be in one of my divided 10 gallons where alll my adults are kept

Just make sure to clean up any uneaten food and to do daily water changes
My baby doesn't leave any food uneaten! He's a little pig! Thanks for the advice! I was planning on doing water changes every other day, but I will do them every day. Thanks again!
EmilyN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 06:03 PM   #163 
alysalouise

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilyN View Post
My baby doesn't leave any food uneaten! He's a little pig! Thanks for the advice! I was planning on doing water changes every other day, but I will do them every day. Thanks again!

Lol i feed mine decap brine shrimp eggs, and no matter how hard i try to only do a tiny bit, there always seems to be way to many lol, their just so small and its hard not to get alot
alysalouise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 06:03 PM   #164 
Allycat924

Here is the baby I picked up from Petco:

Still very tiny, but showing a little bluish iridescence!

I've had her (?) about a week now. Excited to see how she grows.
Attached Images

Allycat924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 02:07 AM   #165 
livingart

I bought a baby about a month ago. When I brought it home it was just a tiny, clear tadpole. Now, it actually looks like a baby fish. I'm pretty sure it's a male. He has long fins, maybe a delta tail? He still doesn't have any color, aside from some dark patches. I can see some iridescence here and there. Does anyone know how long it takes before they color up? Oh, one more thing, he's like a little puppy dog. If I put my hand in the tank to move something, he swims right into it! No fear :)
livingart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 02:13 AM   #166 
wolfiegreen

Mine was white when i got it but now is starting to show some color
wolfiegreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 12:23 PM   #167 
JBosley

I got a betta fish about 2 weeks ago from Paulmac's Pet Store, she was really small and didn't make it. I'm thinking she might have been a baby! Not AS small as some of these, but she was way smaller than any betta I've seen. Wish I had been on this site sooner!

Went out yesterday and got a Red, Veil Tailed Male betta :)
JBosley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 12:24 PM   #168 
JBosley

I got a betta fish about 2 weeks ago from Paulmac's Pet Store, she was really small and didn't make it. I'm thinking she might have been a baby! Not AS small as some of these, but she was way smaller than any betta I've seen. Wish I had been on this site sooner!

Went out yesterday and got a Red, Veil Tailed Male betta
JBosley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 02:29 PM   #169 
Misakitty

I ended up with another baby today from Petco, and this one is definitely a male. He's a little older than Sasha, who I was convinced was a girl, but after watching their flaring war I'm not sure. It's hard to tell what's beard and what's gill when they're dark and tiny.
Misakitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 03:38 PM   #170 
Thomasdog

Hey, this isn't about 'baby bettas' but I just got a betta female from Petco. She was the only one swimming around like a spaz, so I had to get her. In addition, she had strange white fuzz on her. I figured the clueless Petco people would just throw her away, so I had to get her becuase I have been needing a female for breeding anyway. She is still sick now, but I love her to pieces and that is my Petco fish story.
Thomasdog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baby betta, good luck guys:), petco, petco babies, petco baby betta