Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-11-2012, 11:06 PM   #181 
winterhailstorm73

Ok, so I know this thread is a little old, but I just had to share a pic of my new baby! Her/his name is piglet (for obvious reasons), and he has been doing very good since I got him home! He was definitely the healthiest baby they had and I swear he poses for the camera!http://www.bettafish.com/album.php?a...ictureid=23022
winterhailstorm73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:39 AM   #182 
ao
TFK Moderator

Unhappy

Sorry to revive an old thread, but just wanted to share a story of being at petco. I was watching them stock their betta, retrieving each betta from a tiny tiny bag just big enough to fit one fish in. The baby betta cups were there, but I was confused, Ive never seen them in petco before despite going about once a week. Then I looked in another cup with no label on it, there were about ten rottening bodies of betta fish around half an inch long, so small i cant make out their tail shape. Its not that our local petco no longer sells baby bettas. Its just that these banies are dead on arrival

:(

so sad...
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 04:18 AM   #183 
copperarabian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aokashi View Post
Sorry to revive an old thread, but just wanted to share a story of being at petco. I was watching them stock their betta, retrieving each betta from a tiny tiny bag just big enough to fit one fish in. The baby betta cups were there, but I was confused, Ive never seen them in petco before despite going about once a week. Then I looked in another cup with no label on it, there were about ten rottening bodies of betta fish around half an inch long, so small i cant make out their tail shape. Its not that our local petco no longer sells baby bettas. Its just that these banies are dead on arrival

so sad...
Sadly the baby betta supplier sends them in one bag, and because they are so sensitive one is bound to die while being shipped which will pollute the water and kill the rest of the sensitive fry. Having the males stuffed in those tiny bags is sad too, but once their in the cups they do perk up a lot. Either way they should get bigger bags. At least they don't try shipping them together under the idea that the aggression will be spread out :(
copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 05:14 AM   #184 
shi

I know this is a really old thread, but I felt my post would be relevant to this topic (: I found it while browsing Google for ways to sex a betta baby, and mine's from PetCo.

Month 0 Day 0 (according to the Pet function on the camera lol)
First day I got it, don't know what it is exactly ): Temporarily calling him Booger (sister's choice)
shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:26 AM   #185 
BettaQi

Omgoodness I barely resisted a double tail baby betta the other day and only the color (blue) kept me safe from the cute!

If your little red one had been at my PetCo I fear I would've been swayed!

*swoons*

Maybe buy a daphnia culture.

I've heard that microworms can negatively impact their ventrals.
BettaQi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:34 AM   #186 
BettaQi

Quote:
Originally Posted by aokashi View Post

so sad...
Oh dear g*d.

*does reiki*
BettaQi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 12:25 PM   #187 
shi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettaQi View Post
Omgoodness I barely resisted a double tail baby betta the other day and only the color (blue) kept me safe from the cute!

If your little red one had been at my PetCo I fear I would've been swayed!

*swoons*

Maybe buy a daphnia culture.

I've heard that microworms can negatively impact their ventrals.
Oh, I've been feeding it frozen brine shrimp and blood worms o-o Unfortunately, I've been to almost every pet store around my neighborhood, but they don't sell daphnia of any sort ):
shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 12:42 PM   #188 
Jupiter

I went to Petco a few weeks ago to see if i could get some girls for my sorority...the baby shelf was empty (actually, the whole betta place was sparse...musta been close to restocking day) but I picked up a betta labeled CT female and I can't believe how TINY she is! She must be a juvie...my regular girl is almost twice her size.

i can't believe they sell them so young there...
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 01:10 PM   #189 
laynisample

I always feel so bad for these babies. I saw a little boy checking them out and he bought one of those dinky .3 gallon "tanks" that make me cringe. If I could I would grab all of them and take them all home.
laynisample is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 01:43 PM   #190 
LadyVictorian

I always see the babies at petco and honestly I am tempted to get one just so I know one out of the thousands a sold a year won't have to die. I can't say I understand this trend of selling baby fish. It's a bit sick since their survival rate in a store or god forbid someones home is almost nothing. I wish they stopped selling them but you know they won't. Also there was no way Aquarius was an adult when I got him. He's not even a full inch long yet but in the two weeks I have had him he has grown a bit both in body and tail...and he doesn't look so sickly thin. He's beefed up. I think he is coming into his own just nice and his personality is blooming.
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baby betta, good luck guys:), petco, petco babies, petco baby betta