Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-09-2011, 01:10 AM   #11 
Sakura8

Welcome to the forum, Mariah!. :) I'm glad you've been bitten by the betta bug. You will have so much fun watching your little pal grow up.

For your baby, since (s)he is so small, I recommend New Life Spectrum Small Fish Formula .5mm pellets. These pellets are seriously small so they should be really easy for your betta to eat. Feed only 1-2 at a time although I admit it will be very hard to just pick out a few. When your betta gets bigger, I'd recommend New Life Spectrum Betta formula pellets or Omega One Betta Buffet pellets. Both are really good foods.

It really helps to have an adjustable heater too because on the hopefully rare chance your betta may get sick, you may need to turn the heat up higher than normal.

Oh, and posting pics. If you have the file already uploaded onto Photobucket, then click on the icon next to the globe with the link (second icon from the end). Copy and paste the address into that. It'll post the pic. If the file isn't uploaded anywhere, then go down below the message box and click Go Advanced. Up above the message box, click on the paper clip icon. A new window opens up. Click upload your file, find the file, and upload. Repeat as necessary, then close the window when your down and click submit reply.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 01:25 AM   #12 
Mariah94

I think the pic is attached. It's from my ipod so the quality is really bad and i think it's crooked. But after searching around some more...I'm concerned. As you can see in the picture there a parts of she/he that are missing the blue...and I'm not sure if that's because of the age, doensn't have all of the color yet, or is it means the fish is sick? Also on the tail there are tiny little black dots, again I'm not sure if its part of the color or not.

Very concerned now. Won't be sleeping because of my poor fish!
Attached Images

Mariah94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 01:28 AM   #13 
Sakura8

Yup, I can see the pic. The black dots on the tail are part of the tail pattern. All bettas have some kind of ray patterning to their tails. The white parts, are they fuzzy or do they just look like the color is drained out of them a little? If they just look drained, then it's either your betta's natural coloring or (s)he may be a little stressed and still adjusting to his or her new home. If that's the case, then the white spots are stress stripes and will go away as your betta settles in.
Old 12-09-2011, 01:31 AM   #14 
Mariah94

There are no white stripes or anything, so no stress for the fish :) But the top of her hear (and a small part of her body) the color is like a brownish? Not the blue of the rest of the body.

Thanks so much!
Old 12-09-2011, 01:33 AM   #15 
Sakura8

The brownish part is totally natural for a betta of that color so it sounds like your baby is healthy and relaxed. :) You can sleep easy tonight. :D Yay!
Old 12-09-2011, 01:43 AM   #16 
Mariah94

Pheeeeeeeeew. I'm glad! Thanks so much!
Old 12-09-2011, 01:48 AM   #17 
Sakura8

You're welcome. I'm glad I could help. :) If you notice anything wrong with your baby, feel free to post in the disease section or PM me. But judging from the pics. your little betta looks good.
Old 12-09-2011, 06:54 AM   #18 
Myates

Looks like a little girl to me..veil tale. Half the size of your pinky, the males would be showing the longer fins. My newest male is a little over an inch body wise with long fins.

She's a cutie!
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 08:51 AM   #19 
Tikibirds

I got one a few days ago but it died in like 24 hours I went back today and there were about 10 baby's and ALL were dead. And the adults they had all looked ready to keel over.

However about a week or two ago I picked up a tiny CT. It was labled as a CT female and not a baby but she is pretty tiny. She can eat new life spectrum pellets. They are small but I dont they they are the tiny pellets though.

Heartstrings - in a 1 gallon tank.

Moved her into a divided 10G
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 09:38 AM   #20 
Leeniex

Tiki, her color is amazing.

Those poor babies they are selling really stand no chance of living. :(
Leeniex is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baby betta, good luck guys:), petco, petco babies, petco baby betta