Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-21-2012, 12:00 PM   #211 
bettasareawesome

I got Sushi as a baby betta at petco one thing that scares me is he isn't getting very big he's a little less than a inch and a half and about 6 months old. I feed him bloodworms and flakes becuase he seems fine and likes the flakes. Also pellets seem to big, I got him by going to the petco gallon for a dollar sale and 5 fish for 5 dollars sale and intended to get some platy's but got him and a red platy he's a delta tail I'm pretty sure and is doing fine other than his size today, he's my avatar. Also he wasn't even in the baby betta aisle someone picked him up and just left him in the decoration aisle on a empty decoration area of a shelf.
bettasareawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:13 PM   #212 
Rockandrollgirl09

I fell victim to this cuteness trap. Just the idea of owning a betta and seeing it grow was something that I was so excited for. Unfortunately I believe that my little girl I think girl anyways was taken away from her mommy or taken away to soon. She didnt survive much longer after I got her. She lasted maybe about 2 months. I loved her so much. Thats when I decided that if I was ever going to own a baby betta again I was going to be better perpared to take care of her than I was.
Rockandrollgirl09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:29 PM   #213 
Goldie2nd

Well I hate to say I fell for the trap! I just got my first baby Betta today, I have it in a creater keeper for now since it is a baby and all. I just fed it a tiny tiny bit of crushed Betta Flakes is this enough twice a day? I have had Bettas before and Neon and Red Crown and Saphire are still growing strong and Saphire has a new home with my sister and Neon and red Crown are with my mother for now. I have dubbed my baby betta Teeny. Picturesd up when and as soon as I can post and take them.
Goldie2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:52 PM   #214 
AquaticGirl101

I saw the babies at PetCo today too! I wanted to get one so badly and rescue it because they were all sick but I don't have the budget! :p They were probably freezing because they water isn't heated... I think it would be super cool to see a betta grow up though! :)
AquaticGirl101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 01:38 AM   #215 
TheMCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by teasell View Post
Try crushing the pellets. They are more then likely to large for it to eat
I didn't know about this when I bought my baby betta. However, it just ignored the pellets until they softened in the water and then attacked them in bits, do it wasn't a problem.
TheMCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 01:51 AM   #216 
TheMCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enkil View Post
I felt horrible leaving them there. They were all in dirty cups in both places.
I think we can't let ourselves get emotional about the fish in pet stores, or we'd all have 287 betta tanks all over our homes.

Personally I know that one of my local pet shops keeps their bettas in apparently good health, and the rest don't really, so I'll only even glance at them at the one where they seem to be doing a better job... it'd be upsetting to let myself notice at the other ones. Even then, I try not to pay attention at the good one, because I expect to find myself saying "but he's so pretty! Maybe I could find room for one more..." Last time I was out getting supplies I saw a gorgeous purple male that I really wanted, and had to remind myself that I can't have him, I don't know where I'd put his tank.
TheMCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 08:47 PM   #217 
Signature Farms

I saw the babies a my local Petco but was able to resist the cuteness. I already have four with a fifth on the way and since I share this place with other people I've been warned not to overrun them with Bettas!

New user, btw!
Signature Farms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 08:53 PM   #218 
bettasareawesome

Okay so who's baby bettas have gotten over 2 inches becuase I'm wondering since they get shipped off to soon it stunts there growth.
bettasareawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:15 PM   #219 
LadyVictorian

Nix is noticeably larger than a lot of the females they sell at petco. She isn't 2 inch yet but she isn't done growing either.

When I first got her.

Now

Last edited by LadyVictorian; 11-22-2012 at 09:17 PM.
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 06:42 AM   #220 
Goldie2nd

OkMy Baby Betta has stipes on it and red dots on his cheek or her cheek. Is super tiny I'm not even sure if it willsurvive it has a heater but still.
Goldie2nd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baby betta, good luck guys:), petco, petco babies, petco baby betta