Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-24-2014, 08:04 AM   #2291 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabina88 View Post
Just checking is it ok to feed my baby about 3 pellets and some BBS spread out through the day or is that too much?
Certainly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikibirds View Post
it does indeed appear to be a girl.
Yep, that's a girl for sure! She's super cute though!!
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 12:10 PM   #2292 
Sabina88

Thanks lilnaugrim :)
He seems to be doing well on this diet too. I just measured my baby and hes a little under .5 so im pretty sure that hes about 4 weeks, meaning that he was only about 3 when I got him. I also just discovered today that he is starting to get some color in, he has some red along the part where his fins meet his body (not sure what its called).Ill try to get a pic of him soon, if my camera decideds to be nice lol

Also Tikibirds you do have a really cute female
Sabina88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 04:09 PM   #2293 
mart

I got my baby. Well, it isn't the one I wanted, she was gone.
This one seems healthy, she is a veil tail.
I have her in a 1 gal right now, filtered, heated, a little castle and a live plant.

She is happier than a pig in slop. Swimming around and going through her castle, and even playing in the waterfall.

So, this is my first female. I'll take some pics after she settles in. Don't want to scare her.
mart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 12:18 PM   #2294 
Valentino14

So, I just got my moss balls yesterday, and Zeus LOVES his! He uses it as a bed and a little hide in front of his terra cotta pot. I got 3 from Ebay for 15 bucks, after shipping cost. The actual moss wa about a dollar per ball. It took forever to get here but it was worth it!
Valentino14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 06:22 PM   #2295 
Sabina88

So today marks the second week ive had my baby :) He still doesn't have a name yet since its hard for me to name them when im not really sure what he looks like, but im pretty sure he will be some form of a red CT. Ive also found out that hes about 4 weeks old at this point if I measured him right. Unfortunetly meaning that he was only 3 weeks or younger sitting in the yucky cold cup at petco
I finally decided to take some updated photos of the little guy, but it didn't go quite as planed lol. In recent days he has decided that theres no need to stay still unless your getting air or food and that cuppled with my camera not wanting to focus I only ended up with a few ok photos. But he is starting to slowly fill in with the usual black stripes and tanish/skinish color that baby bettas tend to have and he is starting to get some color in his fins (although I cant tell if its red or a "chocolate brown" since his fins are still pretty opaque)
So without further ado here he is

This is him the day he came home:
Name:  Baby Betta 3.jpg
Views: 351
Size:  22.5 KB

I think this from a few days after:
Name:  Baby Betta 4.jpg
Views: 350
Size:  27.5 KB

And here are the two from today:
Name:  Baby Betta 6.jpg
Views: 350
Size:  29.5 KB
Name:  Baby Betta 7.jpg
Views: 352
Size:  28.4 KB
Old 02-26-2014, 09:02 AM   #2296 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabina88 View Post
So today marks the second week ive had my baby :) He still doesn't have a name yet since its hard for me to name them when im not really sure what he looks like, but im pretty sure he will be some form of a red CT. Ive also found out that hes about 4 weeks old at this point if I measured him right. Unfortunetly meaning that he was only 3 weeks or younger sitting in the yucky cold cup at petco
I finally decided to take some updated photos of the little guy, but it didn't go quite as planed lol. In recent days he has decided that theres no need to stay still unless your getting air or food and that cuppled with my camera not wanting to focus I only ended up with a few ok photos. But he is starting to slowly fill in with the usual black stripes and tanish/skinish color that baby bettas tend to have and he is starting to get some color in his fins (although I cant tell if its red or a "chocolate brown" since his fins are still pretty opaque)
So without further ado here he is

This is him the day he came home:
Attachment 303418

I think this from a few days after:
Attachment 303426

And here are the two from today:
Attachment 303434
Attachment 303442
The anal fin screams VT to me with the way it is slanted, normal form for a VT :) he looks like he's growing well though ^_^
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 12:57 PM   #2297 
Sabina88

That's good to here . I actually thought he was a VT too, but I discovered if you look really close you can see little branching rays, so I think he may be a CT, I think you can slightly see them in the second pic.

Last edited by Sabina88; 02-26-2014 at 12:59 PM.
Old 02-26-2014, 01:59 PM   #2298 
Valentino14

I THINK MY BABY MIGHT BE A CROWNTAIL!!!!!! When I was feeding him today I noticed the faint edges of his tail fin separating!!! I cant even explain how excited I am right now! I've always wanted a CT but never had the chance... I can't get a good pic to ask you fine people though... if it becomes more prominent we shall see!
Valentino14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 03:24 PM   #2299 
Sabina88

Just curous but is more common the end up with a VT baby betta then say a CT or DT or HM?
Old 02-26-2014, 06:32 PM   #2300 
TiffanyP

I've had 2 babies who ended up being VTs though they had extended rays for a while and I thought they'd probably be CTs.

I think the majority of baby bettas end up being VTs, though I lucked out with one of mine and ended up with a black with blue dragon scales halfmoon ^_^

I hope yours is a CT though since you want one so badly :)
TiffanyP is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baby betta, good luck guys:), petco, petco babies, petco baby betta