Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-30-2011, 10:51 PM   #31 
bettalover2033

@Kfryman: That is just terrible. It's like the breeders really dont even care anymore if they are that small. I'm surprised that fry that small are surviving very long!
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 11:01 PM   #32 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by registereduser View Post
I think it looks like a female, too, but then this is my first betta and anyone else here would know more

She doesn't have any color at all, I think the camera flash made the blueish sheen in the photo.

Anyway, I will post more photos here as she grows. When I decided to get her I figured I wouldn't know what she would look like but since I was getting her so young I would have her for a longer time
She should color in, in a month or so. I think she is a female because as fry they do develop color when they are younger than she looks. Sometimes they do develop light colors.
Old 12-31-2011, 07:22 AM   #33 
styggian

I picked up two babies last night, and have been feeding them crushed NLS pellets. They weren't the smallest by a long shot. Both appear like they might be CTs, but I'm not 100% positive. One seems to have a hint of turquoise or green, and the other has this odd spotted pattern. It'll be fun to see how they turn out in a month or two.
styggian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 10:46 PM   #34 
gossipgirl1031

Mine have all taken off in growth and color in the last week. Except for my newest that got rescued yesterday. She's still small and very little color.
gossipgirl1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 10:50 PM   #35 
gossipgirl1031

I would go female as of the moment. My first baby surprised me. "She" seems to be growing into a "he". Oh well. As long as they are happy & healthy. Cute picture! I need a better camera.
gossipgirl1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 10:19 AM   #36 
registereduser

Is this weird? My baby Betta Pooh loves to share the "sinking wafer" food I give to her tank mate Pookie the Catfish! I also give her freeze dried bloodworms and "BettaMin" and she eats like a little piggy fish! I guess that's good! Do you think she is bonding with Pookie? I know it's not ideal to have just one catfish but they do seem to be friends so far.

PS I have a 5 gallon tank. Two fish should be the limit, right?

registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 05:43 PM   #37 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by registereduser View Post
Is this weird? My baby Betta Pooh loves to share the "sinking wafer" food I give to her tank mate Pookie the Catfish! I also give her freeze dried bloodworms and "BettaMin" and she eats like a little piggy fish! I guess that's good! Do you think she is bonding with Pookie? I know it's not ideal to have just one catfish but they do seem to be friends so far.

PS I have a 5 gallon tank. Two fish should be the limit, right?

She is very cute! The pictures are also cute.

Fish "bonding" "pairing" DOES happen, though this is very controversial. Many would say that fish don't have that kind of mind to bond. Though Angelfish are a great example of fish that do bond and chase others away from them and that's not only when they are about to spawn. It's very possible that they have bonded, though it would be unlikely because they are two different species of fish.

Keep an eye on them and tell us how they behave because IMO this is pretty interesting!

P.S.

If I haven't already said this: Hello and Welcome to the forum!
Old 01-01-2012, 06:04 PM   #38 
Misakitty

My friend and I were eying the babies in Petco last night, and we asked if they knew what varieties were in the baby cups or if they were all veiltails. The guy consulted the manager and came back saying they were supposed to all be veil, but I saw one that definitely looked like it was developing crown peaks. I won't be able to resist next time I go back.

There's something very intriguing about gambling on the color fish you'll end up with, and it's hard not to want to try to rescue one of them.
Misakitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 06:18 PM   #39 
registereduser

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettalover2033 View Post

Keep an eye on them and tell us how they behave because IMO this is pretty interesting!

P.S.

If I haven't already said this: Hello and Welcome to the forum!
will do and thanks!!!
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 06:27 PM   #40 
bettalover2033

Anytime!

Tags
baby betta, good luck guys:), petco, petco babies, petco baby betta