Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-31-2012, 08:41 PM   #391 
Xaltd1

Someone should add that to the acronyms page!
Xaltd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:45 PM   #392 
Xaltd1

Now 3 girls in one tank is causing an uproar. Chasing; no nipping at this point.
Old 12-31-2012, 08:47 PM   #393 
bettasareawesome

Location: Iowa, Midwest, USA, North America, Earth, The Sol Star System, Milky Way
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaltd1 View Post
Swim In Peace
Aaah, I get it
bettasareawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:23 AM   #394 
laur3namb3r

Hi all! Just wanted to brag about my new baby, Copernicus. The only reason I sought out a baby, was because the older betta selection wasn't very good, and I just fell in love with him as soon as I saw him! He was a lot bigger than his cup mates, and I felt so sorry for those tiny babies :[ if I was more experienced, I'd go back and start my own betta nursery! Although that would trigger an increase in inventory. :-/

Anywho, I'm still not sure if Copernicus is a male or female, but I'm thinking he's a male.i have him in a 5gal filtered tank, unheated as I live in Hawaii and my apartment is always hot, with lots of silk plants. I feed him 3x a day, and he greedily eats every last crumb. Very smart and lively guy, too. His new favorite activity is riding the filter current. Such a nut. :] So glad he's doing well so far!
Attached Images

laur3namb3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:35 AM   #395 
carbonxxkidd

Wow, h/she is beautiful! I saw a few "baby bettas" tonight that were the same size as the females! Most of the time I just see really really tiny ones.

It's fun when you get a betta, baby or not, that eats readily from the start. My baby is a little pig! I have also been feeding him/her two or three times a day, a mixture of bloodworms and brine shrimp and crushed pellets and EVERYTHING gets eaten. It makes me happy to see that will to survive in such a little fish :)
carbonxxkidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:27 PM   #396 
Xaltd1

"They" say not to feed more than once per day, but when they stare at you and beg, it's impossible not to give them a little something! I guess the healthiest idea is to give them the correct amount divided all day. BUT it's hard to know how much they need! They are little oinkers and will eat everything!
Old 01-02-2013, 05:59 PM   #397 
bettasareawesome

Location: Iowa, Midwest, USA, North America, Earth, The Sol Star System, Milky Way
Awww, pretty little fishy.

Ugh I should have gotten the 10 gal. right the first time. Sushi is too small for it, I should have gotten a 2.5 just for her.
bettasareawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:16 PM   #398 
laur3namb3r

This is probably a silly question, but you probably shouldn't "fast" baby bettas, right? I haven't, and probably won't, simply because Copernicus looks like he's starved every time I feed him. He also constantly searches around his tank for more crumbs. :-/ Anyone know how long it takes them to start growing?
Old 01-02-2013, 10:26 PM   #399 
carbonxxkidd

I'm pretty sure my baby has grown in the week I've had her (at least I'm hoping it's a her).

She escaped into my sorority today (she was floating in a breeder box in there) and I'm jut going to leave her in there unless I see her being bullied. Here's a video: Baby betta escapes into sorority
carbonxxkidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:38 AM   #400 
laur3namb3r

Too cute! Seems like s/he is having a good ol time! And your tank is gorgeous!

Today I went out and bought a couple more goodies for Copernicus's tank; couple new plants (just fake, for now), a driftwood piece, and a betta hammock. I also did my first water change with him, and poor baby got so scared and stressed out, he pooped in his cup! :[ Once I put him back, though, he was so happy. He's loving his new additions to the tank, it's so cute to watch him investigate!

Tags
baby betta, good luck guys:), petco, petco babies, petco baby betta