Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-03-2013, 09:17 AM   #401 
Mashiro

WOW, is all I have to say about this baby. He or she is coming into their coloring so well... I am stunned. I am loving this baby!
Mashiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:03 PM   #402 
LadyVictorian

Wow s/he is beautiful, can't wait to see it in another month.
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:23 PM   #403 
Mandy Pandy

Well.. I caught the baby betta bug. After giving it a water change (ammonia readings were off the charts) I attempted floating the cup in the tank I plan on using for a sorority. Well... I obviously failed because it sank to the bottom and now the little wriggler is exploring the tank with my albino bristlenose pleco, Whittaker. Water is at a steady 80 degrees... the little guy should be ok right?

I choose the second biggest they had as the tiny ones all seemed to be swimming... off and I didn't feel comfortable with a baby that tiny. It's getting fed a mix of frozen bloodworms, brine shrimp, and crushed Omega One Betta Buffet pellets.

I'm really really really hoping this baby is a girl so it can be a part of my eventual sorority. If it turns out to be a boy, into my community he will go and hopefully get along with my platties :P
Mandy Pandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:05 PM   #404 
carbonxxkidd

I am in the exact same boat as you! My baby was living in a breeder box in my sorority and escaped and is now living among fish three times its size. Seems to be doing well though, and so far it's pretty easy to get it food without my other girls noticing!

I would think that your baby should be just fine, especially because it doesn't have any competition for food right now. The bigger the tank the better for the little guys so as to not stunt their growth (any more than it already is). Good luck!
carbonxxkidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:41 PM   #405 
Luxavior

Got a slightly decent picture of my baby earlier~

Darling is sitting in the store cup with me upstairs for the heat at the moment while the 1g reheats.

I bought a new heater that'll hopefully keep it around 78-80 degrees since the other one goes up to around 86.

both are nonadjustable but I have more hope for the new one since its supposedly preset to 78 degrees (the other just said it increases water temperature up to 10 degrees above room temperature).

Since the old one is fairly strong to heat a 1g up to 86-88 depending on if our home heater is set to kick on at 73 or 75, I might try it in Darling's future 2.5g tank (since I can't find a 5g like I wanted)

I also upgraded to NLS and frozen bloodworms for both Darling and my adult male, Narcissus.
They can't get enough of either food.

At the moment, Darling gets half a bloodworm or one presoaked NLS pellet 2 to 3 times a day at least 8 hours apart, but has on occasion stolen a whole bloodworm (the second half of it was accidentally stuck to my finger during feeding)
Luxavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:36 AM   #406 
BettaPirate

they are both beauties! I am still debating going through the work of raising a baby or saving an older fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashiro View Post

WOW, is all I have to say about this baby. He or she is coming into their coloring so well... I am stunned. I am loving this baby!
BettaPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:38 AM   #407 
LadyVictorian

xD everyone is making me seriously want to rescue another baby...but if i rescued another baby I would want it to be a female so I can start a sorority of all rescued females.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:30 AM   #408 
Mandy Pandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyVictorian View Post
xD everyone is making me seriously want to rescue another baby...but if i rescued another baby I would want it to be a female so I can start a sorority of all rescued females.
I'm really hoping mine is a female for the same reason. I hope to start my sorority in about four to six weeks (Once my den is finished being remodeled and I can move my tank back there... currently it's in my bedroom.)

I think my baby might be similar in color to yours, Mashiro. I can see bits of red on her fins and she definitely has a blue sheen to her. (I'm gonna start calling her a her instead of an it to try to will her to be a girl...)
Old 01-04-2013, 12:14 PM   #409 
LadyVictorian

xD I tired that with Phoenix and it didn't work. I called her a he and she turned out a she but Pixy Nixy is a rebel.

Ima get pictures of her today and post her before when I first got her and today.
Old 01-04-2013, 04:01 PM   #410 
Mandy Pandy

I still hope she's a girl though! Looking forward to the pics <3

I'm not sure what to name her though... I'm going with a Japanese theme since I already have my Taro. I just moved him to my desk and I'm so happy I did. Before he was in the kitchen in a corner and I only really saw him to feed him. I spend a lot of time on my computer so it's nice to be able to see him so often. <3

Tags
baby betta, good luck guys:), petco, petco babies, petco baby betta