Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-15-2013, 01:08 PM   #441 
LadyVictorian

I saw a bunch of babies at Petco yesterday and wanted to bring some home but i can only take females right now as this is all I have room for.
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:29 PM   #442 
Viva

I want another baby betta...I might go get one this Thursday and get the stuff I need to divide my 5.5 gallon tank.
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:39 AM   #443 
Mandy Pandy

Here's an update on my baby! It's doing great! Stripes are pretty much gone and there's some red and blue coming out. The blue is very shimmery <3 I really hope this little fishy is a girl!
Mandy Pandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:53 AM   #444 
Skyewillow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy Pandy View Post

Here's an update on my baby! It's doing great! Stripes are pretty much gone and there's some red and blue coming out. The blue is very shimmery <3 I really hope this little fishy is a girl!
She definitely has the figure to be a girl. ;)
Skyewillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:26 PM   #445 
Kuro

not from Petco but i got what i now think is a baby/juvie male possible veil tail from walmart yesterday, was in a cup labeled female but he has a very long anal fin..its to long and drapey to be a female and he has lots of color on all his fins. he doesn't have a lot of color on his body but his baby bars have dissappeared for the most part so he should get more color soon.

of 4 in the female section he was the only one alive and when i got him home i tested the water in his cup and it tested 4-5 ppm of ammonia! poor little guy...but i floated him awhile in his new 1g tank(he'll get atleast a 2.5g when get some more size to him) and the slowly added new water till the water amount was doubled the netted him and released him into his new tank and topped the tank off.

he's so little...barely longer then a quarter but i'll feed him well and get him to grow up into a big male like my other 2.
Kuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:33 PM   #446 
Shannonb26

Hi all! New here, and have had my baby for a week or so. Pretty sure she is a female because of body shape, and stripes. We recently had a power outage over Christmas and heat was out for two and a half days...so scared she wouldn't make it, but I kept her close to the infrared heater, and she some how survived. Promised myself if she did, she was getting a nicer set up. Going tomorrow to get her a 2.5 gallon tank with a heater, filter, and light. Have named her Sgt. Pepper, so Pepper, for short. Was also wondering if it would be ok to put a few neon tetra in with her??

Also, very annoyed with our Petco! Last time I was there, all their baby Bettas were dead, except for three. I'd love to rescue the unfortunate things, but at the moment, caring for Sgt. Pepper, is my main concern.
Attached Images

Shannonb26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:39 PM   #447 
carbonxxkidd

Phaydra wrote this really nice thread about Neons, I suggest reading that - http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=124409

Good job on getting your baby a bigger tank! I bet she'll love it :)
carbonxxkidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:39 PM   #448 
Shannonb26

Forgot to mention, her fins are a pretty aqua and red when light shines on them, and she has a bit of aqua on her body. She's really friendly too! She responds to my voice and swims facing me. She was curious of me from the first day I brought her home. Surprised to find one so friendly, at a young age.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:43 PM   #449 
Shannonb26

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbonxxkidd View Post
Phaydra wrote this really nice thread about Neons, I suggest reading that - http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=124409

Good job on getting your baby a bigger tank! I bet she'll love it :)
Read the thread you suggested....thank you! I think the safest thing for Sgt. Pepper is having the tank to herself. :)
Old 01-16-2013, 10:43 PM   #450 
fishprincess

My New Baby

Hello everyone!
I just recently purchased an adorable little baby from Petco about a week ago. I was very excited to find a little double tail in the store! The other babies all seemed to be veil tails. It is currently in a 3 gallon tank with a heater, filter, and a little marimo ball.
So far my little one is doing very well. It has a very healthy appetite, is very active, and looks to be in overall good health for it's tiny size.
My baby is only about the the length of the width of a penny (including its tail). It's body is transparent, and has no color except for the faintest hint of red on its head and gills. Its fins are mainly transparent as well, but there is also a tinge or red on the inner part of its fins, which is incredibly hard to see without the flash of a camera.
I had a few questions to ask everyone here who knows more about these little babies than I do!

Question 1: Is the red around its gill area a cause for concern? I was a little worried that maybe it had something to do with being exposed to too much ammonia. And if it is a problem, what can I do to fix it?

Question 2: I know it's a long shot since its still so tiny, but any guesses on age/gender? It's so tiny, and barely showing any color at all that I have no idea how old it is, let alone its gender!

I have attached two crummy cell phone photos of my little baby, I hope they are good enough! The first photo is without flash, the second photo is with flash.

Last edited by fishprincess; 01-16-2013 at 10:45 PM.
fishprincess is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baby betta, good luck guys:), petco, petco babies, petco baby betta