Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-11-2013, 06:11 PM   #531 
Viva

Nice! I wish I had gotten a male so I could see his lovely fins grow. Its sad to see the dead baby bettas :( I've only seen one at Petco once, but I know that most of them don't make it.
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:21 PM   #532 
Brey0255

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishy Mom View Post
Viva, I'm very excited about the color. It just started show under the regular light today & I finally can't see any of his internal organs at all. He was in bad shape when I got him & the other babies there were dead. :(

So far there's no egg spot & here he is trying to flare at my camera...so I'm guessing a boy right now or a very feisty female.
When I picked up my Charlie she was just that size and color! She's been home about a month now and just finally started to grow and color a bit!(jeez she must have been 2 weeks when i got her) I'll have to get a new pic on here but it has become pretty clear that Charlie is a girl, of very feisty little girl! Good luck with the baby! I love to watch the progress, so please post updates!
Brey0255 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:32 PM   #533 
Brey0255

My profile picture is Charlie the day she came home from petco. and this is our Charlie Girl today, about 3 weeks later. not quite a month at home yet.
Attached Images

Old 02-12-2013, 10:21 AM   #534 
Fishy Mom

Brey, Charlie is beautiful. I have a soft spot for blue bettas since the first betta I fell in love with when I was ten years old was blue. I want one just like her when I start my sorority in the summer.

Today I woke up to a color changing baby. I fed him & realized his baby stripes were gone. His body was changing from a coppery, yellow color back to brown baby stripes & his fins were changing colors from red to blue to green right in front of my eyes. It was so fun to watch I sat for 30 minutes just staring. I thought I caught a glimpse of an egg spot, but when I got a good look at his belly it was still more of a dark spot, lol.

Well it looks like I will be running to the store to pick up a bigger home for baby since he's starting to grow more. I'm going get a critter keeper & then after he's a little bigger he'll be going to my sisters in a five gallon. I'm going to miss him, but I promised my niece I would do this for her bday.
Fishy Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:29 PM   #535 
Crowntails

Quote:
Originally Posted by registereduser View Post
I haven't kept up with this thread so maybe this was covered:

Has anyone done this? Since most babies are females, I was thinking of making a "baby sorority". Of course I would remove any males as soon as they started looking like males. The plan is to buy 6-8 baby bettas and put them in a 15 gallon. No other fish, just a snail, sponge over filter intake. What do you think?
I've been thinking about this too, since as you stated, most little babies are coming out to be girls. Would be a cool project to try out someday ... hmm.
Crowntails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 01:40 AM   #536 
TheGabytron

I went into Petco looking for a bigger tank after I moved across the country and was only able to bring the 2.5 gal tank for transport and came out with a baby betta and a heater! The "aquatics expert" told me they were having a sale on tanks later on in the month so I held off and got this baby instead.

I think it's a she, and even though she had stress stripes, she looked the biggest and most alert of all the babies. It's been exactly a week since I got her and she seems to be doing well! She's in the .5 gal zen tank I saw someone else mention and will be moving on up when the tank sale comes around.
Name:  20130210_201748.jpg
Views: 528
Size:  46.4 KB

I feed her softened pellets but am going to go back for some fruit flies at Petco. Since the pellets have a tendency to disintegrate, I scoop them up with my nail and stick my finger in the tank. She already knows that a finger in the water means food and has no problem eating off my finger.

I have a question, however. My male betta, who is growing old and sick, is eating pellets soaked in garlic for his immune system, and I have thought of giving her some of these, too, to help her fight disease. Good idea or no?
TheGabytron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 01:58 AM   #537 
Skyewillow

I have to do a full series of pictures yet, but here's a couple of quick photos of my petco baby, Skerries

^This is him today^
Skyewillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:14 AM   #538 
TheGabytron

So I was just changing The Baby's water when not two seconds after being in the clean water, she poops. Typical! hahaha
Old 02-13-2013, 02:15 AM   #539 
TheGabytron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyewillow View Post
I have to do a full series of pictures yet, but here's a couple of quick photos of my petco baby, Skerries
What a change! He looks gorgeous.

Last edited by TheGabytron; 02-13-2013 at 02:16 AM. Reason: Forgot to quote a post. I am still getting used to this message board.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:01 AM   #540 
Brey0255

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyewillow View Post

^This is him today^
thats amazing! how long did the progression take?

Tags
baby betta, good luck guys:), petco, petco babies, petco baby betta