Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-24-2013, 06:40 PM   #841 
Fishy Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hail0788 View Post
Aww! I want to see them. You should buy a breeders box for your baby. I did that with Mercedes. I kept her in there for 3 days and when I let her out with the big girls she did fine. Mercedes is still the smallest in the tank.
I released her today. I figured I should give it a shot while I was spending the day at home. She fit right in. Both her & the big girls acted like she had been there all along. I'll get some pics tomorrow!
Fishy Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 07:54 PM   #842 
Hail0788

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishy Mom View Post
I released her today. I figured I should give it a shot while I was spending the day at home. She fit right in. Both her & the big girls acted like she had been there all along. I'll get some pics tomorrow!
I'm glad your baby is doing good with the big girls. :) I can't wait to see.
Hail0788 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:50 PM   #843 
bannlow2471

Well I am happy to report that my new little one continues to do well. Yesterday I did a 75% water change during which I removed he gravel substrate except in one little small Gladware cup that I had anchored one of the plants in. I put a tan colored towel under the tank and added a merino? moss ball as well that I picked up during a trip to Petsmart for a new heater. I so appreciate whomever it was that mentioned this. It has made things easier for feedings as I can easily see any uneaten food and syringe it out with the turkey baster. (Which incidentally the baster has worked well for feedings, too .. I just put whatever I'm feeding in a small amount of tank water and then express it right next to the baby. It's funny because after a couple days of this he/she knows the routine and is eating enthusiastically at each feeding. Before I figured out this method
the food was going everywhere and it took a lot of time to suck all the uneaten food out.)

Here's a picture.
Attached Images

bannlow2471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:53 AM   #844 
bannlow2471

Well, gee - I didn't realize the picture was posting sideways. What the heck? Anyway - all still seems good as of this morning - I was a little nervous to be leaving all day and not being able to check on the baby until this evening. And WOW - when I walked in to my office this morning and saw Murray, he looked HUGE!
bannlow2471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:29 AM   #845 
Acheron

So it's been a month now since my boy (yes I'm finally certain it's a boy... XD) came home with me.

He's grown quite a bit since I brought him I think....

First day...

Yesterday!

I'm not quite certain how old he is yet, or what tail type he is. He's about an inch now (maybe a tiny bit more) in length, not including the tail.

Someone told me in this thread earlier that he is a VT male, but while his tail's certainly been growing, it's growing more spread out/rounded like that, rather than longer and flowy.

Maybe someone here can give me a better idea? :]
Acheron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:36 AM   #846 
aemaki09

He looks like either a widely spread vt or possibly a VT. Dorsal and anal look VT but the tail looks DeT, I'm kind of stumped as well, guess we'll have to wait and see!
aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:46 AM   #847 
Otterfun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acheron View Post
So it's been a month now since my boy (yes I'm finally certain it's a boy... XD) came home with me.

He's grown quite a bit since I brought him I think....

First day...

Yesterday!

I'm not quite certain how old he is yet, or what tail type he is. He's about an inch now (maybe a tiny bit more) in length, not including the tail.

Someone told me in this thread earlier that he is a VT male, but while his tail's certainly been growing, it's growing more spread out/rounded like that, rather than longer and flowy.

Maybe someone here can give me a better idea? :]
very handsome boy
Otterfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:50 AM   #848 
Otterfun

Here's mine on 3/14/13

today 3/25/13

Old 03-28-2013, 12:01 AM   #849 
Acheron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otterfun View Post
Here's mine on 3/14/13

today 3/25/13

Aw is it a little crowntail? :D
Acheron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:38 AM   #850 
Otterfun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acheron View Post
Aw is it a little crowntail? :D
IDK, I am trying to look for spilt in the end cartilage of the fins (not sure the correct term) to see if it is VT or CT. Looking more like a VT for now.

Curious gobbled the whole algae wafer that was supposed to be for the nivertebrates, and she definitely over-ate. I put her in a breeder's box until her tummy shrinks. Also, she has white tips coming out of her bottom, and she has egg build up...tough to be a girl sometimes...maybe that explains her appetite.

Last edited by Otterfun; 03-28-2013 at 03:41 AM.

Tags
baby betta, good luck guys:), petco, petco babies, petco baby betta