Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-16-2013, 04:31 PM   #981 
Canis

Canis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 11:45 PM   #982 
litelboyblu

i see a whole lot of baby bettas at my petco =P its sad though not much people buy them and end up passing away =(
litelboyblu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:44 PM   #983 
Rana

I think I might take the plunge and get a baby tomorrow... Is there anything I should definitely know, or avoid doing? I've got a 1g quarantine tank with heater, and when I'm sure it's healthy I plan on it going into my divided 5g next to my old man Jude.

I normally feed Omega flakes, would crushing them up be a suitable food? I assume that the size they're commonly sold at is large enough that they don't need micro fry foods, and if there's no danger I'd just as soon stay with flakes instead of pellets. Hopefully I'll be able to convince my mom to let me buy frozen bloodworms as well, since I know that babies especially need lots of protein.
Rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 02:38 PM   #984 
carbonxxkidd

I did a bad thing you guys...I had a $5 Petco rebate today, and when I went to the store the first thing I looked at was the bettas...there were two baby double tails (the first I've seen there) and I bought them both! They are currently in QT and then will be added to my sorority for the time being....hopefully they both end up to be girls. Pics to follow...
carbonxxkidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 02:51 PM   #985 
Lights106

It's ok. I went in to petsmart for a tank divider and almost went home with 3 more betta's. . . .The only thing stopping me was work. I knew my boss wouldn't mind me bringing the fish in while I worked. But I am really wanting another baby. . . crap.
Lights106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 04:29 PM   #986 
Viva

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbonxxkidd View Post
I did a bad thing you guys...I had a $5 Petco rebate today, and when I went to the store the first thing I looked at was the bettas...there were two baby double tails (the first I've seen there) and I bought them both! They are currently in QT and then will be added to my sorority for the time being....hopefully they both end up to be girls. Pics to follow...
Heheheheehehe. I'm currently dividing another 10 gallon tank 4 ways (bare bottom) for rescues. I think a nice baby DT will count as a rescue, right? I've always wanted a DT baby but never found one. Good finds! What colors are your two showing?
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 07:35 PM   #987 
Rana

I did it! I walked into PetCo and walked out with a baby betta. And another tank for my mom's new boy. :D

It's still acclimating so no pictures yet, but it is teeny tiny! Probably about 1/2-3/4 an inch, and completely transparent. I had figured that a bigger one would be more my speed, but I fell in love. It'll have to stay in the quarantine for a lot longer than I initially planned since my divider's holes are too big, but I think I can stay on top of water changes and all that.
Rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:01 PM   #988 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Well mind as well post here since I to have two beautiful PetCo babies!

Tony was the real rescue, he was hanging at the top of his cup fighting to swim down, I think his swim bladder is a tad bit smooshed. And Steve just kept jumping out at me so I had to get both of them! Here's their journal: http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=167010

Here is Tony first in his cup and then just a few days ago. I originally thought he was going to be a CT but turns out he might have switched to VT on me. Also might be a girl but I can't see any ovaries since he's colored up. His ventrals are still shorter than Steves but the anal fin is pretty pointed. So we'll see!

And Steve! First day in his cup and a picture from yesterday. He's going to be a VT and he's definitely a boy.

lilnaugrim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:06 PM   #989 
carbonxxkidd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viva View Post
Heheheheehehe. I'm currently dividing another 10 gallon tank 4 ways (bare bottom) for rescues. I think a nice baby DT will count as a rescue, right? I've always wanted a DT baby but never found one. Good finds! What colors are your two showing?
One is yellow/white with some black markings (marbling?!) on her dorsal and anal fins. I've seen some blue iridescence at certain angles, which has me pretty excited. The other has a darker body with red fins...I'm expecting that one to grow up to look just like my first baby, except double tail. :) The red one is showing breeding stripes...does that mean she's a female? She's also pretty feisty and a bit larger than the other one. I have both of them in a breeder box (divided) in my sorority tank right now...so much for QT. They are eating well though and seem healthy. Fingers crossed! Still trying to get some pics, they aren't being very cooperative...working on it...
Old 05-23-2013, 08:46 PM   #990 
carbonxxkidd

Okay, got a couple quick pics. Here are the new additions. Here's the yellow one, it's hard to see the black spots in this photo.

The red one, with breeding stripes.

And a quick one of the two...:)

Tags
baby betta, good luck guys:), petco, petco babies, petco baby betta