Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-05-2011, 05:35 PM   #1 
LittleBettas

10 gallon tank RUINED (Sorority)

Needless to say, my 10 gallon tank is RUINED
The hood completely broke in every way imaginiable (Im not sure how she managed this) it had a light crack in it before, but dumb me left it under my desk... one feral dog later and it is GONE, the filter sadly went with it (though not as bad).. the actualy tank is fine....
But after some debate, I made the decision to just buy a whole new tank setup
So, 4pm I WALKED 5 miles to the nearest Walmart, purched a 10 gallon tank kit, then WALKED the 5 miles back....

I am EXHAUSTED

To tired to set up a 10 gallon tank (though that had been the plan originially before I dumbly left the stff on the ground) to tired to do ANYTHING

Ug, no one can say I do not ove my fish.... and I hope my gals frm Darkmoon17 appreciate the tank (the hood is MUCH nicer... the tank in general is as the other tanks was close to 20 years old, lol)
Sad to see it go, but I know itwas time... and I know I will LOVE the new tank :)

I will have pictures posted later when I set it up...
to tired, lol

lol
LittleBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 05:49 PM   #2 
Myates

Wow, poor thing must be tired! I'm sure your little girls will appreciate it just that much more :) Can't wait for pics!
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 06:36 PM   #3 
LittleBettas

Exhausted... those things are HEAVY and killer to carry for a long period of time (I dont even want to know the weight, lol)
Can't wait to get my new bettas! LOL, haven't heard yet for sure if they have been shipped out yet... fingers and toes crossed!
Lol, but I'll have photos posted ASAP
:D
Old 12-05-2011, 06:43 PM   #4 
Pitluvs

The things we do for our pets! I once walked 5 miles with 72lbs of animal food for my guys, cause they were hungry and I didn't have extra money for gas. So I walked, they needed it, I'd recover eventually :) You're an awesome pet owner! Can't wait to see the tank... I'd love to have a new tank, mine are all second hands lol
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 07:09 PM   #5 
LittleBettas

Lol, I don't have a car, my transportation is either my BF's car, my bike or my own two legs, and Im perfectly happy with that, lol
I have a GREAT decoation I want to use for it (a MASSIV root/trunk... fake) but its at my parents house :( I wont be able to get it till the 10th I think so I having to buy all new everything else (my pants and gravel are there to :( I thinkI should be able to wait on the gravel though, lol)
Mine was my older sisters originial first tank... I plan to keep it, though I doubt I will use it as a fish tank since the cost of a hood is almost the same as the cost aof a brand new tank
Old 12-05-2011, 07:24 PM   #6 
Pitluvs

Here... hoods are half the price of new tanks. I need a hood for my 15g (which is the same as a 20g, just a little taller) and it's $50. The 20g tank set up with $100 :( I so wish I live in USA.
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 08:23 PM   #7 
LittleBettas

Ouch, lol, the hood for the 10 gallon was about 25, but a new tank was 30 (with tax), I decided to pay the extra 5 bucks and get a new heater, light, and tanks, lol

BUT
I did find a new hood for my 5 gallon at petsmart for 10 with tax.... considering the tank kit is 27 dollars, lol