Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-06-2011, 02:04 AM   #11 
MarcusTheGreat

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautifulBetta View Post
Bah, for the inconvenience of having to adjust everything, and cleaning is a pain, I just read, I don't think its worth it. I'd rather just go get a plain 'ol 10 gallon and make it pretty lol
maybe your right iuno saw lots of ppl be successful with this tank with bettas in it on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfafuVKDQ-A
MarcusTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 02:18 AM   #12 
MarcusTheGreat

also got a question about cycling the tank, how long do i have to run the tank before putting my little guy in?
Old 12-06-2011, 03:15 AM   #13 
Kytkattin

Cycling and simply running the tank are two different things. Cycling is a process of setting up a bacteria cycle that breaks down waste. You need a test kit (preferably the API Liquid Test Kit) in order to monitor this cycle when you first are trying to set it up. Cycling can take anywhere from 2 weeks to 3+ months! You never do a 100% change on a cycled tank.
Kytkattin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 09:01 AM   #14 
SmokeNLark

The edge is a goregous tank. But it does pose some problems. For a betta, you NEED to keep the water level down. They can't breathe otherwise. And you can't keep any other fish in there, unlike that video. It is too small for other fish tankmates. You could only get a snail or shrimp. It does pose cleaning challenges. But honestly, it's not that bad. I bought this tank for my dad for xmas last year and you do get the hang of it.
Personally, I feel that taking the water level down in this tank kind of takes away from some of the beauty of it. But it's up to you.
SmokeNLark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 02:57 PM   #15 
MarcusTheGreat

i bought it 99$ cant go wrong lolol i went to the mall with a pet store was 99$ then i went to a place were they only sell fish and fish accessories and the tank was 170$ loll i bought the one for 99$ im just gonna keep the water level little bit down no big problem also probably wont run the filter either ill just do water changes often
Old 12-07-2011, 03:20 PM   #16 
heathbar

I have this tank and I really like it. I do keep the water level up in mine and my betta is fine. He knows exactly where to go to get air. If you're not comfortable with doing that or your betta frequently tries to breath over the glass area then you can just lower the water level a little. It does take away from the 3D view but it's still a beautiful tank either way.

My edge only has my betta, one assassin snail and some hitchhiker pond snails in it. It's also planted so I don't vacuum the gravel. Water changes are a little annoying since you need to use a small cup to scoop the water out, it's not that hard though. I also have the mini fluval heater in mine, it has a thermostat that is automatically set up 78F, mine rarely turns on though since my house is usually at 78F already. I also replaced the stock halogen lights with MR11 LED's. The newer model of the Edge comes with an LED bar but most stores aren't carrying these ones yet.
heathbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 03:25 PM   #17 
MarcusTheGreat

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathbar View Post
I have this tank and I really like it. I do keep the water level up in mine and my betta is fine. He knows exactly where to go to get air. If you're not comfortable with doing that or your betta frequently tries to breath over the glass area then you can just lower the water level a little. It does take away from the 3D view but it's still a beautiful tank either way.

My edge only has my betta, one assassin snail and some hitchhiker pond snails in it. It's also planted so I don't vacuum the gravel. Water changes are a little annoying since you need to use a small cup to scoop the water out, it's not that hard though. I also have the mini fluval heater in mine, it has a thermostat that is automatically set up 78F, mine rarely turns on though since my house is usually at 78F already. I also replaced the stock halogen lights with MR11 LED's. The newer model of the Edge comes with an LED bar but most stores aren't carrying these ones yet.
do u have ur filter running ?