Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 07:07 PM   #301 
1fish2fish

How about no sigs at all!

Seriously though.. this is one of the silliest things to be arguing over. Rules are rules.. just follow them. A forum is about what is ABOVE your signature, the rest is just taking up bandwith.

Personally I don't give a flying fart in space what y'all name your fish (sorry if that offends anyone), but if you can do it in the allotted space then good for you. I honestly don't think I look at anyone's signature on purpose because quite honestly it doesn't matter.

I do think these huge font, multicolor things are annoying.. but if they're following forum rules I can get over it.
Old 12-29-2011, 07:51 PM   #302 
Sakura8

Woops. For some reason I read it as 3 lines of text. Okay, alterations coming up.
Old 12-29-2011, 09:22 PM   #303 
PewPewPew

I think the whole having an issue with sigs thing is rather dumb.

There's people dyin' out there, there's fish dyin' out there, and we're griping about a signature? Bahhhhh!

I'm gonna put my bum as mine, it'll be the best sig around.

I havent read in a while, but has Mike replied to any suggestions recently? poor guy, we're bombarding him at this point. Now its like a soundboard for complaints rather than function.
Old 12-29-2011, 10:00 PM   #304 
bettalover2033

I agree with 1fish2fish. This whole discussion about why it's not fair not to have a long Signature is VERY childish. In the however many years of being on this forum I have enjoyed it so much. I have learned so much and now want to give back to the forum and the members to BETTER it. Not argue about a signature that not many people have complained about. Yes it's now the forum rules. Just follow it and there should be no problems. If you haven't noticed there are MANY new members here that just joined. With more people there will be the occasional trolls and annoyances, ect.
I remember when I joined this forum for the first time, It was so much more civilized than this. It was so much more controlled and fun to get on here. Lately I honestly don't feel like it is so "comfy" as it used to be and warm feelings don't come to me as often as they used to a well. Of course there will always be a problem sooner or later, but I just wish that all of this childish behavior would stop and we could have a lot more fun on this thread and not feel like we are going to be criticized and hammered with negativity as much as I have seen lately on so many threads. A lot of members are being very rude and ignorant (Excuse my language and it was used for lack of a better word) with ways that they speak to one another when (for example) someone is simply trying to enjoy their first fish and show pictures to hopefully get positive feedback. Though they get hammered about how they are such a horrible fish keeper to have their betta in a bowl smaller than a 2.5 gallon tank.

This forum has gotten out of control and there are more pressure on the MODs than there has been in a while. I have been trying to help out and sometimes it is that someone has already be convinced. I do my part (not a big a many other members) and try to help any way I can.

I hope you all feel the same with this statement and please lets all just follow the rules and not have such a topic of signatures make bias choices of words.
Old 12-29-2011, 10:39 PM   #305 
Pitluvs

Actually, I've seen the new member bashing take a back burner on this forum lately. Honestly, if you're actually looking at the new member post a lot of people are more welcoming to them and trying their hardest to give advice without sounding rude. Goes to show that even if you try to change on this forum, certain members will never see it.
Old 12-29-2011, 11:29 PM   #306 
bettalover2033

Agreed, though I wasn't really talking about the senior or older members thay are doing the "bashing." Its more of the members that have been here a shorter period of time. Dont get me wrong because it is not all of them.
Old 12-29-2011, 11:37 PM   #307 
Sakura8

Pew, no. So far, Mike hasn't replied to anything.
Old 12-29-2011, 11:40 PM   #308 
Pitluvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettalover2033 View Post
Agreed, though I wasn't really talking about the senior or older members thay are doing the "bashing." Its more of the members that have been here a shorter period of time. Dont get me wrong because it is not all of them.

I honestly think time here or rank has nothing to do with it, there's just some poor attitudes all the way around :) But I have seen people being more welcoming and trying harder, and people still complaining about it :(
Old 12-29-2011, 11:47 PM   #309 
Jrf456

A CHAT.

Not just a chat thread.. An actual live chat.
Old 12-29-2011, 11:50 PM   #310 
Jrf456

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitluvs View Post
Actually, I've seen the new member bashing take a back burner on this forum lately. Honestly, if you're actually looking at the new member post a lot of people are more welcoming to them and trying their hardest to give advice without sounding rude. Goes to show that even if you try to change on this forum, certain members will never see it.
I agree, I just wish people were nicer when I first joined, unlike you who was very helpful and tolerant.
Closed Thread