Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 04:13 PM   #381 
bettalover2033

Exactly. The only person that should be able to see it should be admin.

It creates too much conflict that isnt needed at all!
Old 01-09-2012, 04:31 PM   #382 
Banicks

Even if it was like feedback on eBay, this is something that the mods would have to also monitor.

If I for example had a negative because someone didn't like me, and then they posted the reason for negative as - incorrect information. How am I supposed to dispute that? I talk to the mods - more work for them?

What about someone who is a friend with someone else and positives them for 'correct information', but i see it as incorrect information so I go and ask the mods to remove it.

Then all of a sudden, mods have twice as much work to have to ensure this voting system is true and correct.

I don't mean to be cranky, but I seriously don't see the need for people to have ego trips on post counts, title or reputation.

IMO, if we should just have the mods elect a bunch of experience BF members who are widely known and accepted as knowledgeable, and give them a unique title of Knowledge Master or something.

Allowing for public voting in any system is going to be flawed and a popularity contest.
Old 01-09-2012, 04:35 PM   #383 
youlovegnats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banicks View Post
Allowing for public voting in any system is going to be flawed and a popularity contest.
Especially since this site has quite a lot of younger members on it who seem to seek out attention.
Old 01-09-2012, 04:41 PM   #384 
dramaqueen
Banned

There are always going to be differences of opinion no matter what we do..
Old 01-09-2012, 04:47 PM   #385 
Pitluvs

I just trying to put out solutions to end this "who's smarter than who" because there clearly isn't anything that's working. Something has to be done because the reputation of this forum is at stake here, no ones going to want to join or stick with a forum full of drama. There needs to be a way to weed out the trolls, those who post bad information etc. There needs to be a way for new members to know who to trust. Starting out with fish is hard, overwhelming and crazy at best. To have an effective forum, you need to cater new members as well cause honestly, there's no fun in a forum with 100 of the same members day in and day out. Having 40 people toss 20 different things at you when you're new is... not cool. I can't tell you how many nights I wanted to smash the hell out of my tanks and say to fiddle sticks with it all because people on forums frustrated me to the point where having fish was a pain in the behind, not enjoyable. This is a community, not a library and certainly not a gathering place for those who are accepted by the accepted. Find a way to make information easy, accurate and give new members ways to know who to trust. It's a delicate line we walk when it comes to caring and treating LIVE ANIMALS. I mean this would be different if it was a game forum, but these are people's pets, living things.

I mean, I'm far past this. I know now who to trust and who to laugh off, and I don't post about it to cause drama. I say thank you very muchly for your advice and then I choose what I want to use. No one is none the wiser lol

I think a lot of older members are getting frustrated too, and I mean older as in here longer.

Anyways,
What your suggesting as a form of electing "widely known and accepted as knowledgeable" .... who's the one who determines that? The mods? Or the forum as a whole? What would be your outlook on that?

And for the love of all that is Holy.. I want the old Banicks back. *stomps feet*
Old 01-09-2012, 04:49 PM   #386 
Pitluvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by youlovegnats View Post
Especially since this site has quite a lot of younger members on it who seem to seek out attention.
I'm sorry, but this? This is wrong. This is what this forum doesn't need. There are many full grown adults on here seeking just as much attention as well.
Old 01-09-2012, 04:51 PM   #387 
youlovegnats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitluvs View Post
I'm sorry, but this? This is wrong. This is what this forum doesn't need. There are many full grown adults on here seeking just as much attention as well.
Immaturity was what I was going for. Saying that just proved it. Also commenting on Banick's "crankiness" wasn't very mature either.
Old 01-09-2012, 04:53 PM   #388 
Pitluvs

I'm sorry, but there's no immaturity here. I'm just calling you out on something, because my maturity tells me what you just said it wrong. It's not nice to lump someone together like that based on age. I have seen 13 year old kids with more maturity than some 30 year old adults. Immaturity has nothing to do with age. I'm sorry you don't like my opinion.
Old 01-09-2012, 04:58 PM   #389 
youlovegnats

That wasn't really an opinion...that was being nit-picky....

just my opinion..
Old 01-09-2012, 05:05 PM   #390 
Pitluvs

I'm not going to start a comment war here, or come back with snarky responses. I'm just saying, don't discriminate.
Closed Thread