Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-08-2011, 09:16 PM   #11 
acadialover

on another Betta forum, people are warned not to use the betta leaf as the metal rusts and releases stuff in the water. I personally have live plants and have never used one.
acadialover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 09:42 PM   #12 
thejapanesezombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by acadialover View Post
on another Betta forum, people are warned not to use the betta leaf as the metal rusts and releases stuff in the water. I personally have live plants and have never used one.
thanks for the heads up! I will waterproof it!
thejapanesezombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 01:25 AM   #13 
thejapanesezombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeNLark View Post
About the safe start. Personally, I don't think they do anything. It won't hurt anything, but the whole idea is that there are live bacteria in that bottle that will basically instantly cycle your tank. Bologna to me. There is no way the good bacteria can live in those conditions for a period of time.

You could do a fish in cycle. I've had good success with those. Just keep up on water changes to keep ammonia down until it cycles. That way you can get him in right away.
Sorry I somehow managed to miss your comment!

Yeah I kind of agree, if the bacteria was alive wouldn't it have to be ... refrigerated? I mean in order for the stuff to live I would assume so... like you have to do with yeast anyways.

I will keep it clean and watch those ammonia levels!
thejapanesezombie is offline   Reply With Quote