Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-18-2011, 10:10 PM   #31 
bettalover2033

They get all their shipments in every thursday or when they need them so I'm really hoping to have money by then to buy them.

I'm not as worried as I was since I have a source of infusoria by the bamboo. Though i'll still add in the other live plants for the fry to hide in later on.

Update: I have 4 fish as of now and they are all bettas. I DONT want to use vases so I divided my 55 gallon into two and two bettas are LOVING the 25 gal to themselves lol. I currently only have two 2.5 gallons so I'm also using those. Pretty funny if you ask me. I'm sure I have about three other 2.5, and 1.5 gallons in the garage that i'll whip out.

The fish are doing great! Not interesting as I want it to be (yet) but i have faith. I'm glad that they are here and as energetic as they can be.

Just so every knows, they have been and still are being conditioned since Thursday (hence why I'd like to introduce them Thurs.)

Thanks to all the followers.

P.S.
Should I put this information in a new thread as a spawn log and not as "documentary?" I am still doing the Documentary, but dont know if it would just be a waste of time or if it would be kind of necessary?
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 10:16 PM   #32 
Sakura8

Documentary, spawn log, seems like they're the same to me of if you want to continue here, that's fine by me. :)

Are they those rectangular glass 2.5g? I love those.

If you have some clean oak or Indian Almond Leaves, just setting one of those in the tank will also get you some infusoria. Read it in my "Culturing Live Foods" book. Putting any kind of green matter (plant leaves, lettuce etc) in a jar of tank water for a week also gets you ready made infusoria. If the jar smells like fresh grass clippings, it's good. If not, it's bad and you have to start over. You can hold it up to the light and you should see the water moving.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 11:45 PM   #33 
bettalover2033

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
Documentary, spawn log, seems like they're the same to me of if you want to continue here, that's fine by me. :)

Are they those rectangular glass 2.5g? I love those.

If you have some clean oak or Indian Almond Leaves, just setting one of those in the tank will also get you some infusoria. Read it in my "Culturing Live Foods" book. Putting any kind of green matter (plant leaves, lettuce etc) in a jar of tank water for a week also gets you ready made infusoria. If the jar smells like fresh grass clippings, it's good. If not, it's bad and you have to start over. You can hold it up to the light and you should see the water moving.
Yeah I guess they pretty much are the same thing.

Yes the amazing rectangle ones are 2.5 gal. At least mine are. Though I dnt have mine completely rectangle. Mine has a curve in the front.

You know, I have really wanted to use that this time, but never got around to it. Its a great idea to put the lettuce in a jar of the tank water. I had to do this for my crayfish because they ate rotting plants. What happens if the lettuce rots?
Old 12-19-2011, 12:11 AM   #34 
kfryman

i think it doesn't matter if you keep the thread or if you make a new one, as Sakura said they are like the same thing. Just saying I have been stalking this thread!
kfryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 12:19 AM   #35 
Sakura8

I guess if the lettuce rots you have to start over. I know Punki put a bunch of green things in a jar to make her infusoria. Strawberry tops, grass clippings, plant clippings. You can ask her how she went about it because it seemed to work for her. :)
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 09:19 AM   #36 
bettalover2033

@Sakura: Thanks, will do! I'll try the lettuce thing for some time. Usually I had to prepare the rotten lettuce about 2 weeks+ ahead of time so they would have something to eat on a very controlled diet. They would eat every other day.

Anyway, I dont think I will need to leave the lettuce in the tank water very long as it will eventually rot.

This is the first time in my two years of breeding that I am having such a hard time with this! Its stressful and frustrating! I have never had this problem. Only when it was my first and second spawn. Even then it wasnt as much of a hassle.
I'm sure i'll get through it though and it will be worth all this time. I guess it was the move that really messed me up because I had to clean all of my tanks from storage because they were getting cloudy, dusty, and dirt coming out of nowhere! (IDK where it is coming from).

@Kfryman: I think i'll stay on this thread. It will help with less confusion on the forum. It'll also be unecessary to do so and more of a hassle for SM's.
Old 12-19-2011, 10:32 AM   #37 
tpocicat

I'll stalk this thread no matter where it is.
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 04:16 PM   #38 
bettalover2033

I've decided to Make a new thread of my spawn log and will post the link when I do. Also this is so I'll get more followers that way.

OFL advised me to do so if any of you were wondering about the sudden change.

P.S. I'll update in a bit...

Last edited by bettalover2033; 12-19-2011 at 04:25 PM.
Old 12-22-2011, 06:26 PM   #39 
bettalover2033

Well the thread is moved:
http://www.bettafish.com/showthread....646#post927646

That's the new spawn log of the pair!

Please visit so I can maybe get some help with it too?
Old 12-23-2011, 05:07 PM   #40 
betta lover1507

um i can't see them =\ they say page not found
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote