Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-08-2011, 07:45 PM   #1 
diablo13

Talking Who wants to help me decide a stocking plan?

So, recently I recieved a secondhand 29 gallon tank. After cleaning it, I am now ready to begin using it. I've came up with several stocking plans, so here they are:

1. Snake/Lizard

2. 9-10 Girl Sorority and a large group of Panda Cories

3. 1 Fancy Goldfish and 1-2 Dojo(Weather) Loaches

4. 1-2 Axolotls

and I'll probably come up with several more within the next week :D so, in your honest opinion, which one do you peoples like the best?
diablo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 07:58 PM   #2 
BettaMiah

You know I vote the Axolotls.

My 2nd choice is Goldies. Then you could also be a fellow goldie owner! <3 Goldies rule.
BettaMiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 08:26 PM   #3 
kathstew

Goldies definitely rule if they are in the proper homes! :D

A 29 gallon would be a great home for a goldie. Personally, I love reptiles. I like leopard geckos especially. :D I have 5 (not in the same tank) :P You could also have a few cresties (females). I have 3 (not in the same tank though).
Snakes are AWESOME. I'd have one if my mom would let me. LOL.

Axolotls are also awesome! I researched them for a while a few months ago. Lots of fun apparently, those guys!

What about some platies and/or guppies? I think they are soooo pretty and colorful!
kathstew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 08:28 PM   #4 
dramaqueen
Banned

I would say a snake or a sorority with panda cories. Pandas are cute and fun to watch.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 08:29 PM   #5 
diablo13

I already have platies, I'm finishing up raising 9 Platy Fry, actually :D not a big guppy fan. A reptile is my first choice, but my mom hates them so I probably have about a snowball's chance In heck of getting one. All of these fish are so cool, it'll be hard to make a decision.
diablo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 08:31 PM   #6 
Betta Slave

Go for a snake. Snakes are awesome. 8D

If not, axolotls. But snake definitely has my vote. Ah, if only I were allowed... >.>
Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 08:34 PM   #7 
LaLaLeyla

Ohhh!!! Snakes ouo
LaLaLeyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 08:40 PM   #8 
ManInBlack2010

i'd go with either the sorority with the corries or the Axolotls :) mostly cause i want a sorority of my own but do not have the time and i think Axolotls are cool, lol
ManInBlack2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 08:42 PM   #9 
dramaqueen
Banned

Yeah, a snake would be cool but he said hi mom wouldn't go for that.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 08:48 PM   #10 
thekoimaiden

I would do axolotls. I love salamanders! My next non-fish tank will be salamanders.

I have a goldfish tank and 29 does limit your choices a bit with them. You would only be able to keep one or two. Ryukins are generally the only ones small enough to keep in there. Orandas, fantails, veiltails, and the other common fancies get a bit large for it. And some of the real fancy goldfish (ones without dorsals) are pretty difficult. Also keeping dojos with fanices can be troublesome. Dojos can gain a taste for goldfish slim coat and fins. Their fast movement can also stress the slow-moving fancies. I had this happen and almost lost my biggest and most beautiful veiltail. Dojos had to find another home.

For other suggestions, I have a 29 gal with kuhli loaches (very similar to dojos but like a fourth of the size; dojos get pretty large) and some other soft water fish. It's a fairly low-tec setup with driftwood and low-light, no fert plants. Before I got the kuhli loaches, that was where I kept my dojos to get them out of the goldfish tank. So you could also just do dojos. They alone are wonderfully entertaining and will eagerly eat from your hand. Also whiskers!! So cute! Now you're making me miss my dojos.
thekoimaiden is offline   Reply With Quote