Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-14-2011, 10:03 PM   #41 
bettalover2033

I'm glad he's doing well! I think when they are done breeding, they get a bit tired and sometimes rebound, but rarely get super stressed and lethargic!

I'm sure that the fry will be okay!
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 11:51 PM   #42 
vilmarisv

Kids had their first meal of BBS... didn't see anyone actually eating but it's very hard to see them when they are so small. Still their bellies look full so it makes me a happy keeper.
Tomorrow will be their first water change... the bottom of the tank is driving me crazy but I just prepared the water yesterday and I want it to age for another day.
Here's a few pictures... I was having a dumb moment and spent 20 minutes finding my settings.
Attached Images

vilmarisv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 12:54 AM   #43 
monroe0704

So cute! I can't wait till they're a bit bigger and you can see super full orange tummies! I want a pic of that, but my camera is no where near good enough to capture it... So I stalk your thread for cute baby pics ;)
monroe0704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 01:19 AM   #44 
vilmarisv

Me either! I'd never fed BBS at such a young age so I'm hoping they will all start eating them very soon and that it will greatly influece their growth.
I did see a few fry with super big orange bellies but they were at the very back of the tank and the camera wont focus on them... will definitely post once I can get a good one.
Old 12-15-2011, 10:14 AM   #45 
tpocicat

The fry look great! Wish I could take such clear pictures. Jealous again...
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 10:37 AM   #46 
bettalover2033

Wow cute fry! In the second picture, what is that cream colored "thing" (for lack of a better word) on the right? Is that the BBS? If you have a camera that can get BBS like that then WOW. I can almost bow down to you lol.

Okay, to be serious, fry look so funny, even when that tiny, their eye's are just so blank.
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 08:47 PM   #47 
vilmarisv

Thank you! I'm so smitten by them

Yes, those little light orange creatures on the last 2 pics are BBS, it's amazing that such small fry will eat something so big, right?

Takes great patience to take the pictures... my camera doesn't always focus where I want it. Today's pictures aren't too great because of that.

They are eating the BBS!!! They have big orange bellies now and it makes me very happy!
Attached Images

Old 12-15-2011, 09:25 PM   #48 
Bambi

Amazing, ive never fed live brine shrimp. I've used frozen and decap bse though.

they're so cute and tiny. >< Wish i had a camera so i could i take pictures of my babies when i have them, i always miss them when they grow and get rehomed.
Bambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 10:53 PM   #49 
vilmarisv

Today I was going to syphon the bottom of the tank and change the water... well I got too nervous about sucking them up with the air tubbing because they are so small they are very hard to see.
Soooo I just adding 2.5 galons of clean water to their tank.
Of course, took more pictures LOL... I just love watching them.
Attached Images

Old 12-15-2011, 11:06 PM   #50 
monroe0704

The pics are awesome! I love watching the fry too lol. I actually got some decent shots of BBS belly today too :) I gotta move them to my computer first... Your fry seem to be growing faster than mine! Great job surrogate momma, they're so healthy! :)
monroe0704 is offline   Reply With Quote