Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-08-2011, 09:06 PM   #1 
steftravels

I got my new fighter fish!

I got my new Betta today!! I went into Petland because Thursday is their new shipment. My tank wasn't ready last Thursday so I waited till today to go get a new little guy.

Well I was pretty lucky because the guy I was looking at LAST week, was still there! I figured he would have been purchased right away! They said because he is a pale color he is not popular but I thought he looked very cool!

I had seen a green murky one which kind of caught my eye, and I had also seen a few girls who had white bodies and red fins....but my new betta was top notch for me!

He is a normal tail.. I forget the name right now.. ORANGE betta! he has a black head and irridecent strips in his tail! I notice his fins need a little work, but they are in generally good condition.

He looks a bit like the color of coral, then I thought about a vintage jewellery company called "CORO" which sounds a little more masculine.

So tomorrow I will post a photo of my new betta CORO. He's relaxing right now with the light off since he was just put in the tank today, He's been mad at the filter pipe and the heater for the first little while, and he checked out the old pipe I have on the ground.

yay I guess he was meant for me!
steftravels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 09:09 PM   #2 
Pitluvs

Oh I just love when you see a Betta, can't take him, but he's still there when you go back for him. Congrats! I can't wait to see pictures of him, he sounds neat!
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 09:18 PM   #3 
steftravels

Thanks! I think actually he is a spade tail. He just won't come out of hiding right now. I put the light on for a minute so I could take a look at him but he's not interested in greeting me right now haha
Old 12-08-2011, 09:24 PM   #4 
Pitluvs

I had a few that were like that, total shock. I've also had a few that were attention pigs from the moment they hit the water haha Spade tails are gorgeous, but veiltail and spade tail can look a lot alike :) Either way I bet he's gorgeous, I can't wait to see how the colors go together. I have never seen one like this in person.
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 09:32 PM   #5 
ManInBlack2010

congrats on your new guy! can't wait to see pics he sounds awesome!!

both my boys i have now were shy when i first got them, there were a few times with Rebel that i was starting to wonder if he jumped out of the tank, lol, and now Rebel is an absolute attention king
ManInBlack2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 10:52 PM   #6 
steftravels

Haha Everyone he is still hiding. I would love to take a picture to show everyone, and then get a picture when his colors perk up. I know he was really colorful when I saw him at the pet shop last week but he had just arrived., He was living in a small fancy jar with rocks but it was really small. He's now hiding in the tower cave I have. I'll see if I can get a picture.

It was so funny I came back in the room and he saw me or heard me and darted away so fast into that cave. I keep trying to call him so he knows its the same person and he gets used to my voice :)
Old 12-08-2011, 11:15 PM   #7 
steftravels

Attempting to post a pic of him! He hid so fast . he tried to hide under the big rocks so I knocked them off of him. I was worried he might get hurt. He's back in the tower now.... he's at the bottom very hard to see him!!