Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-11-2011, 12:35 PM   #11 
Myates

Are the red spots at the edges of the fins?

Unfortunately, with such a deadline and cost.. unsure what you can do. Are you going to be able to take him with you? You can try the ich medication now and hope it's gone by the time you have to leave.. then pray he is fine when you return.

I know you want to save him, and if it's possible, then sure.. but if you can't take him with you, all you can do is do medication until the night before you leave- then just do a 100% water change and just add in water conditioner. Don't feed him before you go, and don't use vacation feeders- he can easily go a week or two with no food. And just hope that what he has will allow him to hold up until you return. How long will you be gone?
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 02:17 PM   #12 
Sprinkles

I'll be gone 6 days, the night of the 14th - 20th. The red spots: Yes they are on the edges of the fins, and spread out throughout them too. He even has some on his pectoral fins.

I'm going to go ahead and bite the bullet and get the Erythromycin. I can't really afford it, but I felt like if I didn't try at least that, I would feel very guilty.

That's exactly what I'm going to do... just keep treating him and do a 100% change before I go, and hope he's still here when I get back. Unfortunately taking him with me isn't feasible, and I think would stress him to the point of killing him anyway, so this is really my only and best option. But at least I can say I tried. :(
Sprinkles is offline   Reply With Quote