Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Other Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-20-2011, 10:47 PM   #71 
Bombalurina

Some one was selling a lot of 3 cories at the local aquarium society Christmas meeting last night - an albino, a peppered and a bronze. One of my pandas died not long ago so I got those three as friends for the remaining two. I know I should have bought another two pandas instead, but my favourite LFS has now stopped stocking fish, and I don't want to give anyone else here my custom (they just aren't that good). I get all of my fish now from the meetings.
Hopefully when I get a big tank I will have a school of each. I thought the albino would freak me out, but I've actually fallen in love with him. :)
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 07:04 AM   #72 
MaisyDawgThirteen

Cool! I thought having different kind of cories together isn't good? I love the pandas! <3
MaisyDawgThirteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 07:06 PM   #73 
Bombalurina

It's not bad, but it is much better to have a group of all the same species together. I think the bronze and albino are the same species. Hopefully I'll be getting a bigger tank this summer and I'll be able to boost the schools of all the species.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 03:32 PM   #74 
Rosso1011

Had to share this adorable moment. My aquarium has a giant air stone and a filter, and the filter will push some of the bubbles across the aquarium. My oldest cory, Creepy, went up to the top for air, and somehow managed to get his mouth (or front of his head) caught in a bubble. In an attempt to free himself, he was circulated around the tank before managing to get himself loose. Creepy is now sitting at the bottom of the aquarium with this look that just says "that was so humiliating." Poor little guy.
Rosso1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 05:00 PM   #75 
Mavi

@hedgehog, did you name your betta Horton because of how he protected the corie eggs like Horton the elephant protected the bird's egg in the doctor Seuss book or was that just a coincidence? :)
Mavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 05:40 PM   #76 
Darth Corydoras

Cories are my favorite fish. I love the peppered cory the most.
Darth Corydoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 06:09 PM   #77 
hedgehog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavi View Post
@hedgehog, did you name your betta Horton because of how he protected the corie eggs like Horton the elephant protected the bird's egg in the doctor Seuss book or was that just a coincidence? :)
It was just a coincidence. My bettas have literary themed names and the cories all had really silly names so the betta going in their tank needed a goofy name too. It's nice that he lives up to it.
hedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 10:39 PM   #78 
Rosso1011

OK. So for some reason my eldest cory has been spazzing out. Hope he's going to be OK.
Old 01-06-2012, 04:37 PM   #79 
Kitty Whiskers

I just got 2 albino Cory Cats not long ago. They cycled my 10 gallon tank when I first started it. I love Cory cats a lot! I'm not sure what to name them yet, I can't tell them appart from each other yet LOL! Not sure if they are male or female either, they are still small and young. I love to watch them search for food on the bottom of the aquarium :) Too bad my 3 year old Betta Greg died today :( I set up this tank special for him to live in. I just completed the cycle of the tank and was going to add him to the 10 gallon tank tomorrow. :(
Kitty Whiskers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 01:45 PM   #80 
Rosso1011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty Whiskers View Post
I just got 2 albino Cory Cats not long ago. They cycled my 10 gallon tank when I first started it. I love Cory cats a lot! I'm not sure what to name them yet, I can't tell them appart from each other yet LOL! Not sure if they are male or female either, they are still small and young. I love to watch them search for food on the bottom of the aquarium :) Too bad my 3 year old Betta Greg died today :( I set up this tank special for him to live in. I just completed the cycle of the tank and was going to add him to the 10 gallon tank tomorrow. :(
Can always add a couple more albino cories to the tank or maybe get some tetras or some other schooling fish if you're not quite ready for another betta. Sorry about your loss.