Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-09-2011, 03:54 PM   #11 
purplemuffin

You can go ahead and check, they probably will if they carry fishing rods and such! Check for a fridge, they'll be in little white styrofoam boxes. If it looks fuzzy..or has a bad smell, they are dead worms, put 'em down! But if you see one that looks good and doesn't smell, go ahead and poke at one with the lid, it'll wiggle and you'll know it's alive! :) We have two frogs in our house who eat earthworms so we buy a lot of worms at a time and put them in a large styrofoam cooler with food so they will live longer and we have to go to the store less often. Though no one HAS to do that..just makes it less of a pain, lol!

If you want, go ahead and call the store and see if they carry earthworms/nightcrawlers! :) Though a pacman frog wouldn't be able to eat these for a few months!
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 03:58 PM   #12 
diablo13

Thanks PM! :D aren't Nightcawles petty much the same thing?
diablo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 04:01 PM   #13 
purplemuffin

Yeah, I just mentioned it because some people will get confused "they didn't have earthworms! They only had nightcrawlers!" lol!

Now..red wigglers I wouldn't get. They release a nasty toxin which may or may not hurt frogs, but the frog for sure doesn't like it! They will spit those out!
Old 12-09-2011, 04:13 PM   #14 
diablo13

Ok, thanks Muffin! :D
diablo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 05:32 PM   #15 
Romad
TFK Moderator

Great pictures of all your babies!! And I love love love Guacomole.

Thanks for sharing these. They sure made me smile :)
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 05:36 PM   #16 
purplemuffin

Hehehe, guacamole is really fun~ :) We plan on getting a few more pacman frogs. Our next one will be an Ornate pacman frog. We will name him Pico!
Old 12-10-2011, 01:14 PM   #17 
Myates

Amazing little ones you have there! So beautiful! My 7 year old was excited to see the pictures, she is very much into reptiles. If I decide to allow her a reptile pet one day, I'll have to ask you for some info!
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 01:56 PM   #18 
vaygirl

Wow. Those pictures are wonderful. I especially love Bubba with his eyes closed, looks like he's smiling. :D Your snakes are GORGEOUS! They're all lucky to have you. <3
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 02:17 PM   #19 
purplemuffin

I love Bubba's smile! He's got the best little grin permanently smacked on that face!

Thanks guys!! C:

Myates: That's awesome! I think it's great so many young kids are being educated in reptiles and not just falling for the typical "it's slimy, kill it!" mentality I see with so many adults. They are great fun as pets, and wonderful wild neighbors in a yard :) Our wild geckos eat all the bugs and mosquitos that would bite us! We provide them with food(by attracting bugs with our lights) and they provide us with a break from the buggies and we get to watch their entertaining antics!
Old 12-11-2011, 12:20 PM   #20 
Tikibirds

I bet you would of loved to of been in my apt when I found a random snake curled up on my fridge this summer! Not something one expects to find when living in Alaska....The guy who picked it up said it was a ball python but most people on forums told me it was a mexican rat snake? In the right light, it was metallic gold.

WHen I first moved in, there was a girl that lived here that had two HUGE snakes. Not only where they several feet long but they were fat.

Last edited by Tikibirds; 12-11-2011 at 12:23 PM.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote