Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-09-2011, 03:27 PM   #1 
mjoy79

mjoy79's journal

Not much here yet. I'm pretty busy with work this week. But thought I'd start my journal by posting my two youtube videos (with future videos to come).
First is my crazy Charlie. I wanted to show how he goes up for air. He does a cool jump!
http://youtu.be/da-RZ2G0uXQ

Here's a cute video of my sorority checking out a new addition to their tank. I'm not surprised their first thought was that it was FOOD?!!
http://youtu.be/CMyT322ZtIQ

Later on I'll go ahead and post a pic of each of my bettas. That should be fun!
mjoy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 04:24 PM   #2 
Rosso1011

Mjoy, my cheeks are hurting now. That second video made me laugh so hard at first. They are precious!
Rosso1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 05:22 PM   #3 
Romad
TFK Moderator

Ha ha ha... that decoration is the ultimate betta teaser. Are they still doing that or have they figured it out?
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 11:18 PM   #4 
Sakura8

Ohmigosh, I loved that second video! *thinks about video* Buwahahahahaa! They were beyond adorable!

And Charlie is an awesomely handsome fish. I love his tail. :)
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 04:57 PM   #5 
mjoy79

Thanks everyone. No I haven't seen them try to eat that decoration since then :) but those girls are so much fun!
Old 12-12-2011, 10:00 AM   #6 
mjoy79

Ode to Chandler

I have a memorial thread up for Chandler but I thought I would make a place for him in my journal. His time with me was too short and I still miss him very much.
I purchased Chandler from Petsmart in December 2010. Unfortunately I didn't do any research on proper betta care so I bought him this tank and put him on my wall:

Eventually I decided that wouldn't work and I felt a little sorry for him so I got him a 1 gallon tank. But still had no idea about the need for a heater. I almost lost him when we had a cold snap in January. I ended up keeping my space heater near him and he survived winter with me. He started growing a lot. He got huge!
Eventually I started getting bit a little by the betta bug and I got Ross (from Petsmart) to join him. It was around this time I found this site and did other searching and figured out they need temps in the 76-82 range and bigger tanks. So I purchased a couple of 2.5G tanks, heaters and filters and well my “obsession” began.
Here are a few pictures I got of Chandler.

Unfortunately in October he passed. He was a happy, healthy, stubborn boy. I went out one night and came back a couple of hours later to find he had been severely injured and he was in a lot of pain. I don’t know how it happened; the only thing I can imagine is that it had to do with the filter in his 3G tank. I knew there was nothing I could do for him. It hurt so much to see him struggling like that. I had to let him go. It hurt to see him go but I have him to thank for my love of betta. I miss you Chandler!

Last edited by mjoy79; 12-12-2011 at 10:07 AM.
Old 12-12-2011, 10:09 AM   #7 
Sakura8

I'm so sorry Chandler was injured the way he was. :( I can only imagine how hard it must have been for you to let him go. He was a gorgeous, gorgeous guy. Such a rich red color.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 12:40 PM   #8 
mjoy79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
I'm so sorry Chandler was injured the way he was. :( I can only imagine how hard it must have been for you to let him go. He was a gorgeous, gorgeous guy. Such a rich red color.
Thank you Sakura!!
Old 12-15-2011, 03:22 AM   #9 
Gloria

mjoy I am so sorry to hear about Chandler. May he rest in peace. He was a gorgeous boy! Keep your chin up though :)
Gloria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 02:10 PM   #10 
mjoy79

Thank you Gloria!