Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-10-2011, 01:03 AM   #11 
Pataflafla

I'm hoping he lives to 7 years or more. either way, I'm going to be sure he's happy when his time comes.

I'm actually hoping he gets sassier with age. I think it would be adorable to have such a grumpy little fish. He's already severely pissed at me for fasting him today.
Pataflafla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 01:04 AM   #12 
Sakura8

Something tells me Ratchet will be the living definition of grumpy old man, haha. He'd be the type yelling "Get off my lawn!" and shaking his cane, if he could. But since he can't, he'll just attack his plants.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 01:07 AM   #13 
Pataflafla

Instead of attacking whoever is on his lawn, he'll just attack his lawn.

Same difference, right?

Thoroughly pissed ratchet off today by doing a major water change. I did a 75% and then another after filling the tank back up because the anacharis sheds so much. At least now the bottom isn't black with dead leaves though. and Ratchet got blood worms afterwards, so hopefully that lessened the blow.

He's got such a pouty face.
Attached Images

Last edited by Pataflafla; 12-11-2011 at 01:13 AM.
Old 12-11-2011, 01:24 AM   #14 
Sakura8

I love his expression! His eyes are so cool and I swear I can see a little furrowed brow on his head. "Whatchoo looking at, punk? It's bloodworms or else I'm giving you the fin." And I'm totally laughing at the mental image of Ratchet attacking his lawn. Yup, I can see it all right.
Old 12-11-2011, 01:30 AM   #15 
Pataflafla

He's my little dramaqueen. Give him wonderful food and let him pose for pictures and he's the happiest he can be. He loves the orange flash of my camera while it's focusing on him. Most of the pictures with him flaring are him just doing it on his own.

It's a good thing he's photogenic. One of these days I'm going to get a really good video of him attacking the anacharis. The stalking, attack, and victory dance. One day everyone will be able to see this little monster in action.
Old 12-11-2011, 01:50 AM   #16 
Sakura8

Oh I definitely want to see the anachris attack. :D I've never heard of a betta attacking a plant before, let alone doing it so consistently and with such . . . energy. We could do a mini betta horror film with Ratchet as the villain, a vicious plant serial killer. Plants everywhere will tremble in their roots.
Old 12-11-2011, 01:52 AM   #17 
Pataflafla

Oh that reminds me. Does anacharis start to sprout roots after being plants for a while?

And I believe ratchet would make a terrifying villain. He's just waiting for his casting call.
Old 12-11-2011, 02:32 AM   #18 
Sakura8

Yeah, anachris grows these long things that kind of reach down and dig into the gravel. They look like ropes holding down a Macy's balloon to me.

Haha, if I find a good agent, I'll let Ratchet know. He certainly has good coloring for a villain. His mysterious silver cloak wrapped around him, the edges trailing behind . . .
Old 12-11-2011, 02:34 AM   #19 
Pataflafla

Being a crown tail definitely adds to his evil look too. and his gold eyes too along with his black face. He's definitely very villainy.
Old 12-11-2011, 02:36 AM   #20 
Sakura8

Now he just needs a deep voice to go along with it. Imagine trying to dub dialogue to a betta. We can cast your sorority as the frightened damsels in distress.