Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-11-2011, 02:51 AM   #21 
Pataflafla

Sabino will be the slow one since she's always got a face of absolute confusion. She'll also be the one with way too much make-up all the time.

I think Ratchet would be something similar to Alpha in Up. He's just so small compared to all my other boys and girls (Niece excluded).
Pataflafla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 03:05 AM   #22 
Sakura8

I like the idea of Iorek as the hero. He looks like he has a Superman cape on, ready to fly to the rescue. Haha, your description of Sabino is priceless. I've got one who looks like she got her lipstick all over her entire face so she and Sabino can go makeup shopping together.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 03:07 AM   #23 
Pataflafla

So long as they don't go to lunch afterwards. Sabino's the piggiest of the entire sorority. She's able to eat a chunk of krill twice the size of her mouth in one bite. It's insane.

Iorek would make a good hero, especially since Ratchet already despises him.
Old 12-11-2011, 03:19 AM   #24 
Sakura8

Sabino even has a Hollywood sounding name. It's amazing what a betta can stuff into its mouth. And if they can't swallow it, half the time they just swim around with it in their mouth.

Then Iorek to the rescue! I can picture them flaring away at each other. Ratchet is very good at flaring. His flaring pics are some of the best.
Old 12-11-2011, 03:21 AM   #25 
Pataflafla

I need to try and get a few of Iorek flaring. He's absolutely stunning when he actually flares and isn't lazy about it. His fins are so long and he's getting to be pretty big. One of these days I'll have Sabino float in his tank and have my camera ready. He's a lady's man like Ratchet is.
Old 12-11-2011, 03:23 AM   #26 
Sakura8

Iorek's red coloring is pretty stunning all by itself. Do your guys all like Sabino the best? I gotta admit, she is pretty cute. I saw her pics in your albums.
Old 12-11-2011, 03:25 AM   #27 
Pataflafla

Ratchet prefers girls smaller than him, but everyone else isn't picky.

Sabino just stresses the least and is one that we might breed later on since she's such a pretty marble. and her personality is something we'd like to pass on.
Old 12-11-2011, 03:37 AM   #28 
Sakura8

That would be awesome if you did a spawn. I bet you'd have some great-looking bettas.

I love reading your Ratchet journal. You have such beautiful bettas and you really know each one and their personality. It makes it a lot of fun to read. :) But alas, I have to sign off for the night. I'll probably have dreams about a villainous betta in a silver cape. :) G'night, Pata.
Old 12-13-2011, 05:07 PM   #29 
Silverfang

He is one frightening Betta! I hope my boys don't get any ideas about attacking their own plants >.> Although... Champagne did uproot one of the java ferns....

>.> he's gotta be loads of fun to watch!
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 05:12 PM   #30 
Pataflafla

He likes to pull things when I'm not watching him. Or at least when he thinks I'm not.

I know for sure he does his pouting routine when I am looking at him though because he'll switch in an instant. One minute he'll be flaring and grumpy, and as soon as I look at him, he's moping and clamped and humphing around his tank.

The pampered life of clean, warm water, food variety, and live plants is just so hard. I obviously have no idea how hard it is on him to be comfortable.

I made him happy for once today though. I woke up and fed him first. He got 5 pellets all to himself and he didn't have to swim, heaven forbid he actually do what he was built for, to reach any of them.