betta fish

Old 12-13-2011, 07:00 PM   #31 
dramaqueen
Banned

lol!!!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 06:21 PM   #32 
Pataflafla

I left Ratchet and the gang alone for a day and a half so that I could go to Flagstaff for my mother's graduation. we left around 1 pm, so I fed everyone a big breakfast of blood worms and then fasted as usual on friday, since we were coming home that night.

Came home to healthy, hungry bettas, which was a tremendous relief. I hid all the fish food so that, should my aunt bring her kids over, no one would be overfed.

I also came home to find Mirage's tail a little split (He's a magician at this since he only has live plants and a heater in his tank) and Ratchet's tail a little split as well. I do understand how Ratchet's tail got split since I left the back to his tank off so he could clearly see Moonshoes and Lyra the whole time.

I'm so happy that I came home to everyone being healthy and Ratchet having all of his tail still intact.

I also witnessed a new hunting method from ratchet this morning as well. He has now discovered sneaking up to a plant while looking dead. He floats vertically and lazily lists over to a plant before coming back to life to take out a leaf.

Last edited by Pataflafla; 12-17-2011 at 06:23 PM.
Pataflafla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 08:07 PM   #33 
Sakura8

I so want to see Ratchet on the hunt. I can almost see the devious scheming going on in his brain as he gets ready to pounce.

And congrats to your mom, Pata. :)
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 12:41 AM   #34 
dramaqueen
Banned

Silly fishy! lol Congrats from me to your mom as well.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 07:07 AM   #35 
Romad
TFK Moderator

What a great story LOL. I love the fiesty boys and Ratchet is certainly one of them :)
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 01:29 PM   #36 
Pataflafla

So Ratchet decided to tease me yesterday.

It's been so long since he's built a nest, and any attempts from him are very poor at best. "Here mom, have 3 bubbles. No, you're not getting any more."

Well, yesterday when I went to feed him his lunch (I've spread his feedings out since he gets bloated and because I like to watch him eat like a creeper), I saw that he had uprooted some more of his anacharis. That was nothing new considering his temperament to them. Upon closer inspection, I saw that he had actually started a nest that was way more than 3 bubbles.

Unfortunately, as customary for him, he gave up on the project in favor of attacking everything.
Old 12-22-2011, 09:09 PM   #37 
Sakura8

Ratchet's way of thinking is "Why create when you can destroy?" *attacks plant*
Old 12-24-2011, 02:24 PM   #38 
Pataflafla

Ratchet finally mad ea small bubble nest yesterday! I guess it takes me being gone all day for him to decide on making one.

I'm so proud of him for doing more than 3 bubbles. This one is a legitimate nest, though very small. But it's still a nest! It's his second one ever!
Old 12-24-2011, 07:23 PM   #39 
Sakura8

Ratchet is getting ambitious in his plans for global domination. First a bubblenest, then next thing you know he'll be building a secret weapon to take out all his plants in one fell swoop. o.O
Old 12-25-2011, 03:33 AM   #40 
Pataflafla

Hopefully it won't be soon. the anacharis still needs to adjust to the temp in his tank. It's nowhere near as healthy looking as the anacharis in Mirage's tank unfortunately.

Ratchet's is all dark green and brown while Mirage's is bright green and growing.